Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#430074 - 03/24/17 01:42 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I sure hope this is the case, Chas.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#430076 - 03/24/17 03:04 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark, I believe the mandate is for musical entertainment, mainly because of it's therapeutic action. There have been several, double-blind studies on this that have clearly shown where music has an incredibly positive effect on the patient's overall health and longevity.

All the best, Gary ---------------------

No to mention how music has been a blessing to my emotional life. Each time my world seemed heavy my music found me a way out. It is also a place where I bring emotions I would not share elsewhere.

Gary, Not for nothin’ (My Brooklyn accent) I love your posts, ya got the smarts.

I found a mic head-set Eddie gave me. I also found I do not like using a head-set. Soooo, I took it apart and attached it to my mike stand. As I looked at the mic and stand I said to myself, “Gary would be proud me”. (grin)
J
ohn C.

#430080 - 03/24/17 03:31 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: guitpic1]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Gary,

I just found this thread and will be pursueing the local market in the next couple of weeks.

BTW. If I remember we used to have discussions back on the yamaha pages. Good to see you're still around doing your thing.

Earl

#430086 - 03/24/17 06:34 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: guitpic1]

John, I have always been proud of ya! smile As I have stated many times in the past, not everyone is comfortable with a headset mic, no matter how high the quality of the mic. I feel fortunate in that I have always been comfortable with a headset mic, but that may be a factor of my longtime association with that particular type of mic. Many years ago, I was a newscaster for a local radio station, and also did live sportscasts for the local community college's football games. I wore a headset mic for both jobs because it provided me with two free hands to do other things, such as cue up the commercial and interview tapes (yes we used tapes back then), and at the football games, go through pages of names and playing history of each player when a play was made. No PCs or Laptops available back then at the games, either.

Earl, several years ago I posted a link on this forum, and the PSR Tutorial site, to finding retirement communities, assisted living centers and nursing homes in each area. You can probably Google the same information now, though.

That link really opened a lot of eyes on the sites, mainly for entertainers that thought there were none of those facilities near where they live. Most were utterly amazed at the number they discovered, and also that those same facilities were always looking for new entertainers. I also posted a step by step on how to connect with the ADs and how to sell your product (musical entertainment) to them at top dollar. The list I generated off that site for my area was 10 pages long.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (03/24/17 06:42 PM)

#430093 - 03/24/17 09:14 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I believe the mandate is for musical entertainment, mainly because of it's theraputic action. There have been several, double-blind studies on this that have clearly shown where music has an incredibly postive effect on the patient's overall health and longevity.
Gary

Unfortunately, those who map out the budget at each location are the last to know and the last to even care!!!

#430106 - 03/25/17 08:28 AM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

hey Gary,
I tried the Google search and found hundreds of entries for retirement homes ect. Didn't see any links to your post concerning how to contact AD's and what to charge. I am very interested in getting that info if possible.
I live in Norh Central Arkansas and the area if filled with Nursing homes and retirement centers, both private and governmental. Do you receive same respones from governmental centers?

Earl

#430116 - 03/25/17 05:15 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: guitpic1]

Not many from the government operated centers, mainly because they have lots of folks that volunteer and play for free.

Here's a link to the article I wrote in 2009 that may be of some assistance. Unfortunately, the link for the centers is out of date and no longer valid.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#430135 - 03/26/17 05:48 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

hey Gary,

Sorry, but I don'tsee a link in the post.

#430137 - 03/26/17 06:31 PM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: guitpic1]

#430143 - 03/27/17 08:11 AM Re: Medicaid and music [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

Thank you Gary. Good info there.

Earl

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online