SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42964 - 01/14/04 09:21 AM kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
Veltsu Offline

Loc: Finland
some questions about my new 2600:

1. "extra shhhhh"-noise comes from the speakers that disturbs me a bit. Is it normal or something that I should be worried about? Kn2600 users, comment...

When using headphones, its a little pain in ass. And I usually use kn2600 "silent"!!
Noise is about the same, no matter how much master volume I use.

2. Does someone control kn2600 with controller, like mine Behringer fcb1010 ? I`ve managed to set some basic CC`s, but I have some problems with setting other values like for start/stop, fill i/o, pads etc. These can be controlled also, or? I really can`t understard that Technics 3f0507rf078-language... and I couldn`t find any midicodes other than that for these. Thanks already!

#42965 - 01/14/04 10:09 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
Veltsu Offline

I would also like to ask about SD-audio. Since I cant create mp3`s with kn2600 alone, do I need to buy that (€150) technics software-package with sd- reader/writer? I think there might be easyer (cheaper) solutions too? Please let me know how you`ve done it!

That would mean sd-unit (reader/writer) plus ________ ?

#42966 - 01/14/04 01:26 PM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
if you want to save them to sd card to use in your keyboard, then , yes.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Veltsu:
I would also like to ask about SD-audio. Since I cant create mp3`s with kn2600 alone, do I need to buy that (?150) technics software-package with sd- reader/writer? I think there might be easyer (cheaper) solutions too? Please let me know how you`ve done it!

That would mean sd-unit (reader/writer) plus ________ ?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42967 - 01/15/04 08:00 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
Veltsu Offline

but I could also save mp3`s to my laptop, so whats the case then?

Any midi help available?

#42968 - 01/15/04 12:53 PM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
I actually have the kn7 not the kn26, but a lot of the functions are the same.

if you're only going to save audio files to your laptop, use the Audio Recorder software that I assume came with the kn2600 ( unless you have some better software program)

A card reader is handy (as it's faster than usb) for backing up your sd card files to computer.
(Again I'm assuming that kn26 has the same functions). If you're not planning to use audio on your sd card, then any SD card reader/writer should work for backing up purposes. I bought a couple of cheap ones on ebay a while back for $14 USD plus postage
but they don't work with audio files ( mp3's) on the kn ( I had to buy the Panasonic Kit for that)

What midi questions did you have?

Maybe someone can help.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Veltsu:
but I could also save mp3`s to my laptop, so whats the case then?

Any midi help available?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42969 - 01/16/04 06:45 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
Veltsu Offline

lthanks so far...
read my 1st post, there`s more about my questions...

#42970 - 01/16/04 10:44 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
sorry can't help you on this. Those codes are beyond me.

What I used to do years back, when midi first was introduced ( as I'm not terribly technical) was to use a p.c. sequencer that had event list ( I had notator on my atari)
P.G.'s power tracks has event list( there's a demo on there site)

Anyway, I used to hook the keyboard or synth up via midi and press a button, then check the sequencer to see what effect it had ie used to show up program changes, bank changes, contrllers like volume, expression pan etc, on my roland I think it used to show up the fills intro's etc

Haven't experimented for years, it may work with your kn26, as I mentioned earlier there is a demo for powertracks that you can download if you don't have a p.c. sequencer.

Hopefully someone else may have an easier solution.

best wishes
Rikki
http://www.pgmusic.com/ptdemo.htm

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42971 - 01/16/04 11:18 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
Sorry for not replying, things are very busy here... I'll have a listen to my 2600 tomorrow and see if I have that 'shhh' noise. I've been using headphones mostly, with TV in background and can't say I've noticed it in that situation. Am only using the KN on it's own so can't help with 2nd question, or 3rd as I'm not interested in purchasing the Panasonic reader required yet.

#42972 - 01/17/04 05:05 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
Veltsu Offline

many thanks again!

Maybe I should download a pc-sequencer to my laptop... I still haven`t done it, because I`m just expanded my midi equipment (from electric guitar plus Behringer Vamp2 to guitar + vamp2 + Behringer midi foot controller fcb-1010 + kn2600)and I`ve had some controlling & settings to do..

A laptop-sequencer would probably give me more information about kn2600`s incoming data, if it works like Rikki just wrote. Since I`m some sort of novice with sequencers (like keyboards too) I have to wait & see. Could anyone recommend me a decent, free and downloadable pc-sequencer?

What comes to my gear,if someone is interested, I have
Vamp2 connected(midi in) to fcb(midi out)and
Vamp2(midi out) to kn2600(midi in) and
fcb(midi in) to kn2600(midi out) and
kn2600 connected to laptop with USB-cable

! Foot controller has to be set for midi merge before this works.

Vamp2 and fcb both have midi in/out, but not usb-connection like kn2600. I can use kn`s connection to laptop, if I pick "interface" from computer connections-table. Now, with this settings, I can use vamp2`s pc-program, to better results, since it has more settings than vamp2 alone. This setting allows me to use foot controller to control Vamp2 too.

Controlling kn2600, in the other hand, won`t work with this settings i guess. I probably need midibox, like Midiman 2(in) x 4(out), to control all these together. I haven`t tried it much thou, if anyone has ideas, let me know!

So far I`ve done my kn2600 controllings separately connecting fcb`s & kn2600`s midi in/out`s together. Besides USB-use there`s no other use for setting Vamp2 (Behringer`s virtual amplification & effects unit)and kn2600 together, or is there?

#42973 - 01/17/04 07:51 AM Re: kn2600 soundproblem / midi-controlling
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
We don't hear any 'noise' from the 2600, asked all family members and all agree. With headphones a) wireless, there is the very slightest of noise. I am the only one that notices it, it's just an awareness that the headphones are on really. b) plug-in headphones, no noise.
The keyboard is not connected to anything though, except the wireless headphone thing when used and the laptop, so....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online