SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#429348 - 02/27/17 08:52 AM Best Music Reader for Ipad..
Bachus Offline

I found this nice site with a great comparrison of all the the major music readers on ipad..

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/143/best-music-reader-ipad

Whats your favorite?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#429349 - 02/27/17 09:00 AM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
What is important for us, is if you can sync and display the same pdf sheet music on many ipads, for the band.

We are using for that unrealbook, but not sure if other has the same possibility?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#429350 - 02/27/17 09:08 AM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DAN.2000
What is important for us, is if you can sync and display the same pdf sheet music on many ipads, for the band.

We are using for that unrealbook, but not sure if other has the same possibility?

I dont think forscore has that option yet, you cant even use midi to switch pages..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#429352 - 02/27/17 10:42 AM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Bachus]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Another popular app for ipad is Songbook.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/songbook-+/id447755419?mt=8

I know it works for displaying Sheets from Tyros registrations.

Regards,

Jerry

Edited by Jerryghr (02/27/17 10:42 AM)

#429354 - 02/27/17 11:27 AM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Bachus

I found this nice site with a great comparrison of all the the major music readers on ipad..

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/143/best-music-reader-ipad

Whats your favorite?

Nice comparison. I've downloaded and tried ForScore, DeepDish Gig Book, Music Reader for iPad, and unReal Book, even tried Songbook that a friend recommended.

I have found unReal Book suits me best, been using it for the last 5 years or so ever since I ditched the Music Pad Pro.

Edited by Stephenm52 (02/27/17 11:28 AM)

#429371 - 02/27/17 04:09 PM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I started with unRealBook, my one complaint is that it is a photo and nothing can be added unless you scan it again. I want the option to add to and change the song. And there are times when I add a complete second song on the same page with Copy and Paste.

My PDF reader can send a song to OnSong – no pasting

Make a set and then you can always change their order by edit and sliding the song where you want it.

1-Change the size of the lyric font, the spacing of lines, the tittle font, the chord font, and transpose all on the same edit page.

2-Highlight the chords with color.
You can make all these changes with the lyrics and chords. If you use staff and notes OnSong cannot add or change anything.

If I turn the IPad from vertical to horizontal the lyrics become larger; far more than I need to reed.
The person who created this App is a thinker. One slide on the IPad and one push on the keyboard and I am ready to do the next song.

John C.

#429380 - 02/27/17 06:35 PM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
OnSong App.

I missed the automatic scroll which moves the lyrics down the page. You can also add a song (Audio Mp3) which will play while you read the lyrics. There is also a metronome, and a speed control for the scrolling.

When I love something I really love it, John C.

#429384 - 02/27/17 07:30 PM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have used UnRealBook for several years. All I do to add leadsheets is to send them to dropbox and download them to my Ipad. I can even load an entire folder from Dropbox as a setlist and it takes about 20 Seconds.

I have also used GoodReader and still keep a copy of it on my Ipad. It too has worked just fine for gigs.

Deane

#429387 - 02/28/17 03:24 AM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I must catch up.

I have been scanning to a pc folder,connect my iPad to iTunes, and "ADD" one by one. This is why I also use Android.

#429404 - 02/28/17 10:33 AM Re: Best Music Reader for Ipad.. [Re: Bernie9]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I use unrealBook also (and wrote a lot more about it in the recent topic "My new Digital Music Reader" ...

You can do some (limited) editing in unrealBook: add text, draw lines, circles, erase, etc. I don't do that very often though; I usually edit my "master" file on my computer, then email it to myself and add to unrealBook from email, or as one person mentioned, by putting new/edited files on DropBox then use unrealBook's DropBox integration to quickly get the file(s) into unrealBook.

There are a lot of music-reader programs out there; I imagine all are decent, just differences in some features, and "in the details". unrealBook happened to work well for me, so I have stuck with it. I use a lot of its features including MIDI (to recall Registrations on my Tyros), set lists, the "keywords" (metadata), searches, etc. etc.

-Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online