SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#429358 - 02/27/17 01:28 PM O.T. SmartWatches
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just curious. Since most Arranger players seem to have a touch of 'geek' in them, I was wondering how many of you have/use so-called SmartWatches; and if so, HOW you use them. For instance;
1. Do you use it as your 'everyday' watch?
2. How many of the 'smart' functions do you use (ie. notifications,text msgs,email,scheduling,pedometer,calls,etc.?
3. Do you have more than one?
4. Did you go for a 'cheapie' ($10-50.00), mid-line (($50-150.00) or TOTL ($150-500.00)?
4. Did you go back to a 'regular' watch?
5. If 'SIM-based', do you sometimes leave your regular phone at home (such as on a run)?
6. Does your's have a camera/vid recorder; if so, have you ever used it?

As a gadget freak, geek, and compulsive spender, my own collection has grown to six, ranging in price from low to high. I wear the same $15 one every day (the first one I bought)....can't really explain why although it has all the standard, basic functions. The biggest PIA is keeping them all charged. On those rare occasions when I dress up in suit and tie, I always wear my 'dumb' Citizen eco-drive (haven't wound or charged or changed batteries, or anything else that keeps it running, in five years and it's been dead accurate all that time).
Your thoughts on whether you think this is a passing fad/trend or will ever increasing functionality and decreasing prices make them as indispensable as our current day smartphones. Curious minds want to know.

chas

#429361 - 02/27/17 02:40 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles

5. If 'SIM-based', do you sometimes leave your regular phone at home (such as on a run)?
chas

... you mean like on a BEER run ?!? ...

I'll get one of those watches when it comes with on-board speakers and a 15" screen I can read in the sun, ... grin

#429365 - 02/27/17 02:48 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

I'll get one of those watches when it comes with on-board speakers and a 15" screen I can read in the sun, ... grin

Ha! Most of you guys are too weak or too lazy to haul a G70 around (for money) so I can't see you lugging around a 15" watch smile smile. (well maybe Fran would smile ).

chas

#429369 - 02/27/17 03:22 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My watch cost me $8 at Wally World, it's water resistant, has a sweep second hand, and tells me what time it is - which is why a bought a watch to begin with. My watch is just as dumb as I am! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#429370 - 02/27/17 04:02 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: cgiles]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I saved a bundle. I just duct tape my cell phone to my wrist.

#429372 - 02/27/17 04:15 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: Jerryghr]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I was told that if you add another learning curve at my age it will shorten my life. (smile) I added the amount of time I have to use to keep all the technology I use going from keyboard, Computer, IPad and the stuff in my new car – It scared me.

John C.

#429376 - 02/27/17 05:00 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: bruno123]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

#429377 - 02/27/17 05:34 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry, neat iron - only my wife does not iron - I DO! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#429381 - 02/27/17 06:42 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

This thread has gone downhill in a hurry, and I think I started the slide ...
my apologies... now back to the original subject...

#429382 - 02/27/17 06:42 PM Re: O.T. SmartWatches [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Just curious. Since most Arranger players seem to have a touch of 'geek' in them, I was wondering how many of you have/use so-called SmartWatches; and if so, HOW you use them. For instance;
1. Do you use it as your 'everyday' watch?
2. How many of the 'smart' functions do you use (ie. notifications,text msgs,email,scheduling,pedometer,calls,etc.?
3. Do you have more than one?
4. Did you go for a 'cheapie' ($10-50.00), mid-line (($50-150.00) or TOTL ($150-500.00)?
4. Did you go back to a 'regular' watch?
6. Does your's have a camera/vid recorder; if so, have you ever used it?

As a gadget freak, geek, and compulsive spender, my own collection has grown to six, ranging in price from low to high. I wear the same $15 one every day (the first one I bought)....can't really explain why although it has all the standard, basic functions. The biggest PIA is keeping them all charged. On those rare occasions when I dress up in suit and tie, I always wear my 'dumb' Citizen eco-drive (haven't wound or charged or changed batteries, or anything else that keeps it running, in five years and it's been dead accurate all that time).
Your thoughts on whether you think this is a passing fad/trend or will ever increasing functionality and decreasing prices make them as indispensable as our current day smartphones. Curious minds want to know.

chas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online