SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#429279 - 02/25/17 12:59 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
All you chart readers how much time do you devote to memorizing songs? This way the chart isn't a crutch.... Especially as a solo act... I could understand it's uses playing with others.

Donny ... If I don't have the song memorized by NOW, it's never going to memorized ... rocker

#429287 - 02/25/17 01:44 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
I'd be happy to help you out, I have hundreds of lead sheets and fake books in digital form, I'll be happy to share them with you and assist you any way I can.

Now that's an offer you can't refuse.

It just may be an offer I WON'T refuse ...
thanks, Steve ...

Ok paesan you're on!

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj
All you chart readers how much time do you devote to memorizing songs? This way the chart isn't a crutch.... Especially as a solo act... I could understand it's uses playing with others.

Donny ... If I don't have the song memorized by NOW, it's never going to memorized ... rocker

I'm in the same situation.

#429288 - 02/25/17 02:06 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I purchased a IPad on sale for $365 at Brandsmart. You’ve heard said Yamaha is great because of the availability of styles. IPad is in the same category.

I use mine for Midi Files, Word Program, Wi Fi, Blue Tooth, Mail, OnSong for my lyrics, PDF for sheet music; if needed, my five Bibles, RealBook which seems to do it all.

Most of all it’s very portable without many limitations. My favorite is OnSong it is programmed to match my keyboard.
BUT IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. I’m just sharing what I have,

John C.

#429290 - 02/25/17 03:16 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
I purchased a IPad on sale for $365 at Brandsmart. You’ve heard said Yamaha is great because of the availability of styles. IPad is in the same category.

I use mine for Midi Files, Word Program, Wi Fi, Blue Tooth, Mail, OnSong for my lyrics, PDF for sheet music; if needed, my five Bibles, RealBook which seems to do it all.

Most of all it’s very portable without many limitations. My favorite is OnSong it is programmed to match my keyboard.
BUT IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. I’m just sharing what I have,

John C.

John, I use my iPad for many of the things you use your's for. My go to program for lead sheets is unReal book.

#429292 - 02/25/17 05:02 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: bruno123]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
OnSong made my life soooo much easier.
Thanks John for introducing me to it.
Eddie

#429295 - 02/25/17 05:29 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: Jerryghr]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Are both pics of the same tablet? It looks like the top pic is a longer ratio left to right as is shows in the pic where the bottom pic looks more like it's shaped like a regular piece of copy paper.

#429296 - 02/25/17 05:38 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Are both pics of the same tablet? It looks like the top pic is a longer ratio left to right as is shows in the pic where the bottom pic looks more like it's shaped like a regular piece of copy paper.

Same tablet rotated in Portrait and Landscape mode.

The music in the top was a half page of music like in an old fake book, and the bottom pic is a full page sheet of music.

If I had the top pic in portrait, the music would have occupied 1/2 the screen............. same size as in the fake book. Rotating to landscape filled the whole screen.

Attached are 2 more pics showing the same song formatted to original size and full screen in portrait mode.

Many possibilities for display preference. The same song displayed 3 different ways.

Jerry

Attachments
0225172055.jpg

0225172051.jpg

Edited by Jerryghr (02/25/17 07:01 PM)

#429298 - 02/25/17 06:16 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: Jerryghr]
Scott Langholff Offline

Thanx Jerry. Could you measure the height and width of the sheet music in portrait mode? The ratio of the screen makes me think that there will be a lot of blank space at the top or bottom. The ratio on the ipad pro is more the same shape as standard copy paper and it seems one could see larger music.

I've been playing with this idea for some time now and have considered a 13.3 tablet but have been holding back so far.

Edited by Scott Langholff (02/25/17 06:59 PM)

#429299 - 02/25/17 07:10 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Scott,

Sheet music in portrait mode.

The Length is 10", Width 6 1/2".

Mobilesheets has an option for cropping out the white area on top, bottom and sides. The sheet music fills the whole screen.

Jerry

#429300 - 02/25/17 07:14 PM Re: My new Digital Music Reader [Re: Jerryghr]
Scott Langholff Offline

Thanx Jerry. You know MobileSheet is supposed to allow you to select your pdf and it will automatically set up your keyboard. It also works in reverse where you pick a registration and it will bring up the pdf

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online