SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426837 - 10/09/16 09:46 AM Re: 2017 and keyboards [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
If your instrument was acoustic piano, I can see having the 88 key jones, but for many of us, the extra weight, slower response, and larger size/weight just make it more of a chore than a blessing. I'd rather play a Rhodes than a piano ... but that's just me.

Since i only play for my own amusment at home, the extra weight does not bother me, time has changed me from an organ player into a piano player...

On average is real life permits me, i play two hours a day, one hour piano and another hour of arranger... its easier to play arranger with 88 keys, then piano on a synth keybed... i also love a good Rhodes sound, my Kronos delivers on that.. i dont know how a real Rhodes played, never got my fingers on one... however, its on my to do list...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426842 - 10/09/16 12:06 PM Re: 2017 and keyboards [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Bachus
i dont know how a real Rhodes played, never got my fingers on one... however, its on my to do list...

Well, it was sloppy compared to a good acoustic piano, and slow compared to the quick stroke of the Wurlitzer 200a, but it had ATTITUDE and character in spades! You could get so much dynamic expression from your playing style, and the tone ... well, it's still the GO-TO, die-4 sound in almost every genre of music.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online