SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#42655 - 10/02/03 03:01 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
Panasonic Australia also had 1.5 on their site.
Makes you wonder what's going on.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42656 - 10/02/03 11:47 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Mike ORegan Offline

All this stuff about upgrades will come as no surprise to long-term Technics users. I have owned:
KN 1200
KN 2000
KN 3000
KN 5000
KN 7000
To my knowledge there have been (Technics) upgrades since the days of the 2000, although with the early models these involved actually swapping EPROMs. Again, from the earliest days, Technics have been reluctant to admit to any upgrades. Dealers were (I am told) instructed to play down the existence of upgrades unless specifically asked by customers. I have never been able to understand this attitude. With regard to the KN 7000, where the operating system is DESIGNED to be upgraded (being on EEPROM), it seems that only the German distributors are willing to release upgrades. Now either these are "official" Technics upgrades or they are not. If they are not, has Technics/Panasonic seen fit to at least admonish Taiyo for "jumping the gun". If they are then why are they not on general release? Curiouser and curiouser, nicht wahr?
Mike O'R

#42657 - 10/03/03 05:54 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
[QUOTE]To day there has not been an upgrade for the KN7000 available from Matsushita Panasonic the parent company Japan to any of it's divisions around the world of which Tayio is not one. Panasonic Europe (which also covers Germany) is owned & run by Panasonic
[b][QUOTE]

This means I and the German technicsplayers own a unofficial keyboard.

I (the Netherlands) didn't buy my keyboard from Panasonic Europe. The mean dealer in Holland is Haagtechno just like in Germany it is Taiyo.
They distribute the boards to musicstores where you as a customer can buy it.

The Dutch dealer Haagtechno never distribute a update I have to ask forit at the musicstore I buy my keyboard. Something Mike Oregan tells in his story.
So I use the Taiyo site for my updates and other news and style discs they produce.

rgds.
Willem

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 10-03-2003).]

#42658 - 10/03/03 06:04 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Jarmo Offline

Loc: Espoo, Finland
I'm 100% sure that all releases 1.4 thru 1.6 are coming from Panasonic. Taiyo has no knowledge to disassemble KN7000 program code and make own code changes except some German word-to-word changes in Help-section.

I think that Panasonic UK and Panasonic USA doesn't like Taiyo's way to release updates public web-pages and therefore saying not to support it.

I personally like Taiyo's way to release updates when they are ready. Everyone can then make own decision, upgrade or not.

#42659 - 10/03/03 06:31 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
technicsplayer Offline

Naturally major updates come from Panasonic, but that has nothing to do with whether they are signed off for general release. Updates have been made for single users with one particular problem with their external equipment. That is not to say that that particular fix should be availble for other owners without that specific equipment, where it might introduce other unwanted consequences that were never intended.

#42660 - 10/03/03 12:17 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
Naturally major updates come from Panasonic, but that has nothing to do with whether they are signed off for general release. Updates have been made for single users with one particular problem with their external equipment. That is not to say that that particular fix should be availble for other owners without that specific equipment, where it might introduce other unwanted consequences that were never intended.

OK so lets have a little reprise here
1. bebop receives an upgrade from an official of Technics USA
2. did bebop have a particular problem with his keyboard that required him to receive this upgrade
3. has anybody else in the USA received an upgrade from Technics USA
4. it would seem that in this thread the people that have downloaded an upgrade from Tayio are delighted so can one or more of them tell us what problem-s or bugs it has fixed to make them appear to be so pleased

#42661 - 10/03/03 12:20 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Mike ORegan Offline

Now I REALLY AM CONFUSED!! Anyone else for the funny farm?
Mike O'R

#42662 - 10/03/03 04:24 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
bassclef Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
For those of you who are brave enough and interested in upgrading (after all the foregoing confusion) to Ver 1.5, the applicable files are STILL (as of today)available for free download from the Australian Panasonic site.

I noticed that rikki mentioned this before in this thread, but the use of past tense in that post may be interpreted by some as an indication that the files are no longer there.

Good luck
George

#42663 - 10/03/03 09:14 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
Panasonic Australia also had 1.5 on their site.(whoops, should read HAS, thank you George)
Makes you wonder what's going on.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42664 - 10/05/03 01:15 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
hi
the upgrade downloads are still on the aussie site but unless you have an aussie post code youcannot download the files
I have also visited the uk panasonic site
and they seem to deny any knowledge of any product with the sx kn7000 tag let alone have any upgraades for it

jan

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 10-05-2003).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online