SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#426142 - 09/14/16 08:31 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I've been taking my time setting up the Pa4x from scratch thru my Maui 5's & Senn pro 280 headphones as I want to benefit fully from all it offers,....I did however use a few custom third party styles from my Pa3x which when loaded automatically converted to 4x format and with a few minor tweaks and sound changes was able to effectively use them with no problem. Everything else is all Pa4x which is simply amazing. At times with my headphones on I really feel like I'm playing Live with a Band this unit sounds THAT GOOD!!!! And the work flow using the beautiful bright tilt up display screen is pure joy and setting up the songbook is so much easier then previous models all around all perimeters can be saved for easy acces a giging musicians dream,...it's all there you just have to utilize it. Inspiration comes so naturally and you find yourself playing songs with different styles you might not have thought of using different multi pads, fills, copying parts, singing harmonies, etc, and I'm learning more & more things as I go along every day. If your an arranger Kb player you owe it to yourself to get a KORG Pa4x its AWESOME!!! keys

#426149 - 09/14/16 11:48 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
I've been taking my time setting up the Pa4x from scratch thru my Maui 5's & Senn pro 280 headphones as I want to benefit fully from all it offers,....I did however use a few custom third party styles from my Pa3x which when loaded automatically converted to 4x format and with a few minor tweaks and sound changes was able to effectively use them with no problem. Everything else is all Pa4x which is simply amazing. At times with my headphones on I really feel like I'm playing Live with a Band this unit sounds THAT GOOD!!!! And the work flow using the beautiful bright tilt up display screen is pure joy and setting up the songbook is so much easier then previous models all around all perimeters can be saved for easy acces a giging musicians dream,...it's all there you just have to utilize it. Inspiration comes so naturally and you find yourself playing songs with different styles you might not have thought of using different multi pads, fills, copying parts, singing harmonies, etc, and I'm learning more & more things as I go along every day. If your an arranger Kb player you owe it to yourself to get a KORG Pa4x its AWESOME!!! keys

When it comes to styles sounding like a live band, the pa4x comes very close to Ketron..

Somehow, i have a hard time tweaking my Tyros 5 to come close to those results... It requires a lot more work..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426150 - 09/14/16 12:11 PM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

When it comes to styles sounding like a live band, the pa4x comes very close to Ketron..

Somehow, i have a hard time tweaking my Tyros 5 to come close to those results... It requires a lot more work..

Bachus I hear & agree I sense that also .....
maybe its time to go Totally KORG !! lol cool2

Edited by Dnj (09/14/16 12:12 PM)

#426516 - 09/28/16 07:16 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Well almost a month under my belt with the KORG Pa4x and I'm still on my honeymoon with this wonderful instrument!! For me it's "close" to perfection in many ways. I just love playing it as it really inspires me sound & style wise. I've been setting it up slowly to get the most out of it and learning as I go along from others too.The work-flow is SO MUCH EASIER then previous Korgs that I've owned also. I keep hearing a little country voice in my head (Don Masons')
"This might be the LAST Arranger KB you Ever Buy" and truthfully he could be right. A few future minor OS updates and I'm a happy camper cool2 , plus I haven't even begun to get really deep into it with all it's awesome features too...looking forward to that down the road.... keys

To Be Continued.........

All The Best

#426518 - 09/28/16 07:40 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Dnj]
broker22 Offline

If I was giging I would have got the korg pa4x but for home use I love my Tyros 5 Cal.

#426519 - 09/28/16 07:44 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: broker22]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: broker22
If I was giging I would have got the korg pa4x but for home use I love my Tyros 5 Cal.

As a singer player the Pa4x is hard to beat...

Tyros 5 players are patiently waiting for the New Yamaha GENOS whenever that will be .. cool2

#426522 - 09/28/16 08:32 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: broker22

As a singer player the Pa4x is hard to beat...

Tyros 5 players are patiently waiting for the New Yamaha GENOS whenever that will be .. cool2

Rumors say the Genos name has been cancelled.... It might be a Tyros 6 after all...

For singers, the VH2 needs a huge update to come close the PA4x...
This is definately the one biggest thing sepperating korg from Yamaha..

#426525 - 09/28/16 09:34 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Rumors say the Genos name has been cancelled.... It might be a Tyros 6 after all...

Or they simply cut the rope and quit the "top of tha range" just as Roland did?

organ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#426526 - 09/28/16 09:39 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Only time will tell....

#426530 - 09/28/16 11:49 AM Re: PA4x............ [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny

Or they simply cut the rope and quit the "top of tha range" just as Roland did?

organ

Unlikely....

You cant compare these two companies, but in contrary to Roland, a popular top of the line instruments helps to sell the lower models, becuase with yamaha the high emd instrument is recognisable in the lower instruments

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online