+1

Congrats!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 03:30 PM

Wow,
that was quick, congratulations Donny.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 03:56 PM

Donny, Great and congratulations! Good thing Milford, Ct is not too far away. Gotta believe if Frank shipped it yesterday it was in your hand today. Have Fun!! smile
Posted by: Mikem

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 04:36 PM

Have lots of fun with it! Auguri!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 04:48 PM

Thanx everyone, ......even though I just had 4 teeth pulled at Oral surgery dentist this afternoon when I got home the Pa4x was sitting in my living room.....with pain and all I took a few Tylenol with Codeine tablets & so far I just updated the OS to 1.2.1
and reloaded factory resources before I even start to set this baby up in the coming weeks to where I like it,...but initial feelings are WOW!!!!
what an improvement over my Pa3x sound wise,.....and the quality build is Super also.
Only good things can happen....and a big smile on the beautiful TILT Display screen.....
I'm a Happy man!

to be continued
Posted by: hitman

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 04:57 PM

Congrats Donny! My right palm is itching- usually means that It's time for another toy.

Is that a 61 or 76 key version? Are the keys identical on both versions?

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 06:45 PM

Thanx everyone Frank is the BEST always .....
and yes Steve always one day shipping from CT.
Hit man its a 61 keys are very nice...don't know if 76 keybed is exactly the same.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 07:25 PM

I bet those 61 keys feel leaps and bounds better than the PSR-S970!! Congrats and have a blast!!!

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 08:00 PM

The pa4x keys are certainly more heavy duty then the lighter S970...but I can adapt to them just like my Pa3x.. SD7...etc,
Posted by: Bachus

Re: PA4x............ - 09/01/16 09:48 PM

Congratulations and enjoy...

There is much to explore...

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 12:30 AM

Thanx Bachus thanks enjoying it a lot.
Posted by: Rfinnshw

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 03:58 AM

Donny,
Good luck with your new Board. I totally agree: Frankie V is the best! rocker

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Thanx everyone Frank is the BEST always .....
and yes Steve always one day shipping from CT.
Hit man its a 61 keys are very nice...don't know if 76 keybed is exactly the same.

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 05:03 AM

Thanx,..........Today I will explore more and play thru my Maui 5's to set it up properly, I want to try to use as many factory styles as possible before I indulge in the few I surly will have to find elsewhere possibly in the Musikant files, or Dopamine, etc, etc, to achieve the right styles for all my songs, load some backing tracks also & create some new ones in the backing sequencer too......then customize each one and tweak them to perfection with OTS, VH, EQ, sounds, drums etc, etc, ....to create a custom songbook. I also took many pictures of most of my Yamaha bread & butter registrations titles to give me a guide to set up styles in the KORG as in this picture, etc,..quicker.
The features on the Pa4x are simply Outstanding.
Oh yeah did I mention the KORG Pa4x Big Beautiful Bright TILT DISPLAY! cool2
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 05:32 AM

Donny,
Welcome to the Korg Pa4X group. I know you will be very happy
with the Korg. I switched from Yamaha T5 so had to learn the
OS of the Korg. With help from Steve (R.I.) I now can program
the Korg and have lots of my songs stached away in Songbook.
Congratulations, Lloyd

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 05:40 AM

Thanx so much Loyd appreciate it.....I'm really diggin' it....fun to play too!
I know I'll have questions as I go along for all you Korgies..
but most is slowly coming back to me ..
Posted by: KORG80

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 05:56 AM

Congratulations,Donny, on acquiring the new PA4X. I'm headed for similar dental work myself. Maybe I should stop by the music store on my way home. I'm sure it would help ease the pain. I'm in the market for that Korg too. Just have to keep saving.
It's pretty pricey up here in Canada.

God Bless,
Don

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Korgman5
Donny,
Congratulations, Lloyd

Not many of us Yammies left....

Does Yamaha even recognise this exodus from Yamaha to Korg?

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Korgman5
Donny,
Congratulations, Lloyd

Not many of us Yammies left....

Does Yamaha even recognise this exodus from Yamaha to Korg?

Yamaha is banking on GENOS & Montage now..
Posted by: saxxman

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 07:08 AM

Congrats Donny for embarking on your new journey to Korgland! I know you will love that board! Look forward to reading more posts as you discover all the neat features and sounds/styles.

Have fun and enjoy that great new technology! clap

Randy

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: saxxman
Congrats Donny for embarking on your new journey to Korgland! I know you will love that board! Look forward to reading more posts as you discover all the neat features and sounds/styles.

Have fun and enjoy that great new technology! clap
Randy

Thanx randy....a new experience for sure.....
but nothing I cant tame in time!

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: hitman
Congrats Donny! My right palm is itching- usually means that It's time for another toy.

Is that a 61 or 76 key version? Are the keys identical on both versions?

Pa4X 61: 61 keys (C2 – C7)
Pa4X 76: 76 keys (E1 – G7)
Semi–weighted keys with Velocity and Aftertouch

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 08:02 AM

just ordered a 64G 3.0 USB nano drive for the Pa4x

http://www.verbatim.com/prod/flash-memor...-3.0-sku-98711/
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 09:22 AM

No...no...no..

The best feature on the Korg is the hidden micro sd card slot..

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
No...no...no..

The best feature on the Korg is the hidden micro sd card slot..

I hear ya Fran....dont worry i'll have both....just sayin' cool2
Posted by: DonM

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 12:43 PM

For DNJ and all 4x users. If you install a micro card in the internal slot, be certain to UNPLUG the keyboard before doing so. Otherwise things will be damaged!

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
For DNJ and all 4x users. If you install a micro card in the internal slot, be certain to UNPLUG the keyboard before doing so. Otherwise things will be damaged!

Thanx for the warming & tip Don but for now a 64G nano drive usb is more then enough left in rear....
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 01:14 PM

64G nano drive usb is more then enough left in rear....

Take it out of your rear, and use the front USB port

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 01:27 PM

dave rear nano usb is for permanent stuff Mp3's/lyrics/smf etc,....front stick is for auditioning styles, or what ever in & out stuff...works for me..
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 04:00 PM

just ordered a 64G 3.0 USB nano drive for the Pa4x

http://www.verbatim.com/prod/flash-memor...-3.0-sku-98711/

Hi Donny,
I 've got something similar
Sandisk Ultra Fit 128 gig for my laptop.
I only bought a 16 gig for my korg for styles, but if I end up with a heap of audio files, I'll get another 128 gig for the korg.
I like these little drives, because they don't stick out. Not as much chance of accidently knocking them.
I have them permanently in my laptop because they don't get knocked.

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 04:18 PM

Nano USB is all I ever used in all my keyboards they work great..
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: PA4x............ - 09/02/16 10:35 PM

Are you keeping the mixer in your "mix" of equipment? As a solo gig... the Pa4X has balanced outputs and an XLR mic input with sliders on the front of the unit... Do you even need a mixer?

Just curious if you would go that route.

Re: PA4x............ - 09/03/16 02:10 AM

on short KB jobs, 1 hr, NH, Cocktail hr, etc, no mixer will be required with the KORG Pa4x as it's onboard features are more then enough to cover, Style play, SMF, Mp3, Lyrics, etc,....
but in no way can it compete with a Laptop for searching, mixing,
& for independent playing with a keyboard this is where the mixer is a crucial necessity for flexibility in a rapid fire perfromance program,....a guest mic,playing with other musicians, controlling a separate SUB out in your PA system, or DJing needs are the other uses. Mixers Rock!! cool2

Re: PA4x............ - 09/08/16 09:08 AM

Nothing against my Yamaha S970 etc,..But I gotta say this KORG Pa4x simply Sounds Amazing.I'm exploring and finding new things day by day and I like what I'm hearing and feeling. keys
Maybe Don Masons previous statement "This could very well be my last Arranger KB" might be so true for me also the Pa4x is pure happiness for an arranger Kb Player. What more could you ask for? 99% of my needs are met on board its the perfect gigging and in studio machine. Korg did an outstanding job designing it and I'm so glad I waited, educated myself on its workings and finally made the decision to purchase one and I'm sure glad I did. cool2
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: PA4x............ - 09/08/16 10:39 AM

....Maybe Don Masons previous statement "This could very well be my last Arranger KB" might be so true for me also the Pa4x is pure happiness for an arranger Kb Player. What more could you ask for? ....

Heyyyy, you should type very very small letters so Korg staff don't see this.
They could stop develope future top of the line PA Arrangers because there is nothing more to add .... wink

coffee

Re: PA4x............ - 09/08/16 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
....Maybe Don Masons previous statement "This could very well be my last Arranger KB" might be so true for me also the Pa4x is pure happiness for an arranger Kb Player. What more could you ask for? ....

Heyyyy, you should type very very small letters so Korg staff don't see this.
They could stop develope future top of the line PA Arrangers because there is nothing more to add .... wink

coffee

Innovation, will show a different answer in 3 years

I personally can think of 3 pages of possible future features, that would make even Don M even more happy with the next upcomming Korg PA5x..
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: PA4x............ - 09/08/16 12:55 PM

Nothing against my Yamaha S970 etc,..But I gotta say this KORG Pa4x simply Sounds Amazing.I'm exploring and finding new things day by day and I like what I'm hearing and feeling. keys
Maybe Don Masons previous statement "This could very well be my last Arranger KB" might be so true for me also the Pa4x is pure happiness for an arranger Kb Player. What more could you ask for? 99% of my needs are met on board its the perfect gigging and in studio machine. Korg did an outstanding job designing it and I'm so glad I waited, educated myself on its workings and finally made the decision to purchase one and I'm sure glad I did. cool2

+1

smile
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: PA4x............ - 09/08/16 01:00 PM

PLUS 1

Re: PA4x............ - 09/08/16 01:08 PM

PLUS 2

Re: PA4x............ - 09/09/16 07:55 AM

I love the keybed on my Korg Pa4X. Silent with excellent feel.
Lloyd

Re: PA4x............ - 09/14/16 08:31 AM

I've been taking my time setting up the Pa4x from scratch thru my Maui 5's & Senn pro 280 headphones as I want to benefit fully from all it offers,....I did however use a few custom third party styles from my Pa3x which when loaded automatically converted to 4x format and with a few minor tweaks and sound changes was able to effectively use them with no problem. Everything else is all Pa4x which is simply amazing. At times with my headphones on I really feel like I'm playing Live with a Band this unit sounds THAT GOOD!!!! And the work flow using the beautiful bright tilt up display screen is pure joy and setting up the songbook is so much easier then previous models all around all perimeters can be saved for easy acces a giging musicians dream,...it's all there you just have to utilize it. Inspiration comes so naturally and you find yourself playing songs with different styles you might not have thought of using different multi pads, fills, copying parts, singing harmonies, etc, and I'm learning more & more things as I go along every day. If your an arranger Kb player you owe it to yourself to get a KORG Pa4x its AWESOME!!! keys

Re: PA4x............ - 09/14/16 11:48 AM

I've been taking my time setting up the Pa4x from scratch thru my Maui 5's & Senn pro 280 headphones as I want to benefit fully from all it offers,....I did however use a few custom third party styles from my Pa3x which when loaded automatically converted to 4x format and with a few minor tweaks and sound changes was able to effectively use them with no problem. Everything else is all Pa4x which is simply amazing. At times with my headphones on I really feel like I'm playing Live with a Band this unit sounds THAT GOOD!!!! And the work flow using the beautiful bright tilt up display screen is pure joy and setting up the songbook is so much easier then previous models all around all perimeters can be saved for easy acces a giging musicians dream,...it's all there you just have to utilize it. Inspiration comes so naturally and you find yourself playing songs with different styles you might not have thought of using different multi pads, fills, copying parts, singing harmonies, etc, and I'm learning more & more things as I go along every day. If your an arranger Kb player you owe it to yourself to get a KORG Pa4x its AWESOME!!! keys

When it comes to styles sounding like a live band, the pa4x comes very close to Ketron..

Somehow, i have a hard time tweaking my Tyros 5 to come close to those results... It requires a lot more work..

Re: PA4x............ - 09/14/16 12:11 PM

When it comes to styles sounding like a live band, the pa4x comes very close to Ketron..

Somehow, i have a hard time tweaking my Tyros 5 to come close to those results... It requires a lot more work..

Bachus I hear & agree I sense that also .....
maybe its time to go Totally KORG !! lol cool2

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 07:16 AM

Well almost a month under my belt with the KORG Pa4x and I'm still on my honeymoon with this wonderful instrument!! For me it's "close" to perfection in many ways. I just love playing it as it really inspires me sound & style wise. I've been setting it up slowly to get the most out of it and learning as I go along from others too.The work-flow is SO MUCH EASIER then previous Korgs that I've owned also. I keep hearing a little country voice in my head (Don Masons')
"This might be the LAST Arranger KB you Ever Buy" and truthfully he could be right. A few future minor OS updates and I'm a happy camper cool2 , plus I haven't even begun to get really deep into it with all it's awesome features too...looking forward to that down the road.... keys

To Be Continued.........

All The Best
Posted by: broker22

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 07:40 AM

If I was giging I would have got the korg pa4x but for home use I love my Tyros 5 Cal.

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: broker22
If I was giging I would have got the korg pa4x but for home use I love my Tyros 5 Cal.

As a singer player the Pa4x is hard to beat...

Tyros 5 players are patiently waiting for the New Yamaha GENOS whenever that will be .. cool2

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: broker22

As a singer player the Pa4x is hard to beat...

Tyros 5 players are patiently waiting for the New Yamaha GENOS whenever that will be .. cool2

Rumors say the Genos name has been cancelled.... It might be a Tyros 6 after all...

For singers, the VH2 needs a huge update to come close the PA4x...
This is definately the one biggest thing sepperating korg from Yamaha..
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 09:34 AM

Rumors say the Genos name has been cancelled.... It might be a Tyros 6 after all...

Or they simply cut the rope and quit the "top of tha range" just as Roland did?

organ

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 09:39 AM

Only time will tell....

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny

Or they simply cut the rope and quit the "top of tha range" just as Roland did?

organ

Unlikely....

You cant compare these two companies, but in contrary to Roland, a popular top of the line instruments helps to sell the lower models, becuase with yamaha the high emd instrument is recognisable in the lower instruments
Posted by: DonM

Re: PA4x............ - 09/28/16 12:14 PM

The one biggest thing if you disregard, size, price, features, drums, controls, peripherals, screen . . . etc. smile