SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#424835 - 08/15/16 12:37 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: DAN.2000]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Guys, I am convinced now after reading all these posts my KN7 is finally a keeper. (unless Rikki wants a new home for her old Korg at "mates rates"), haha.
After watching the u-tube clip I am more enthused again to appreciate what I have got, plus, at 82, i have no time to spend on a new OS, no doubt as good as it is.

Ray dance

#424839 - 08/15/16 08:15 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: DAN.2000]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Can't say I disagree with any of that Bachus but the basics of effective communication still play a big part.
Bernie I wasn't trashing the product if you are refering to me...just trying to get some clarification about what it does and how, as it was being commended by folk.

#424863 - 08/15/16 09:45 PM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: The Saint]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: The Saint
Hi Guys, I am convinced now after reading all these posts my KN7 is finally a keeper. (unless Rikki wants a new home for her old Korg at "mates rates"), haha.
After watching the u-tube clip I am more enthused again to appreciate what I have got, plus, at 82, i have no time to spend on a new OS, no doubt as good as it is.

Ray dance

Hi Ray
you calling my wonderful pa4x OLD. I'd have to think on that one. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#424867 - 08/16/16 04:53 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: RMepstead]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Quote: Bernie I wasn't trashing the product if you are refering to me...just trying to get some clarification about what it does and how, as it was being commended by folk.

Sorry Rog
It was a knee jerk reaction in defense of Dan for the reasons Bachus mentioned.

I have been gigging for 50 years and learn something new everyday. I have performed many times with vArranger, a win7 tablet, SD2 module, and an Axiom master keyboard. All light weight and rock solid performance. Now, the learning part for me is to use the sounds from the program instead of a module. There is a manual on the website that discusses every step with pictures. I have to admit that I should learn this, and Dan is always right there to help.
In it's basic form, you need a computer(any Windows), a midi keyboard to transmit, not only note on messages, but control messages. In other words keys are assigned to volume, sound selection very easily if you have assignable midi transmitting keys to do so. With a master keyboard, it is simple, or use a keypad.

You must have a decent sound source with internal sources like Dan's, your own Vsti's, soundfonts, or a module. That's it.

The advantages are non obsolescence, choice of manufacturer's styles, light weight, very stable.

The only disadvantage is a modular setup compared to a self contained keyboard, but the flexibilitty outweighs this IMO.

I didn't intend to go on like this, however....

#424868 - 08/16/16 05:06 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: Bernie9]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Bernie , thank you for taking the time and trouble to explain things about the v arranger , it is a very interesting concept that I need to look into and also get much more information to see if it would work for me ,
once again thank you, it is most appreciated .

ps can you use foot pedals to advance such things as registration changes intro/ending /fills etc !!

#424873 - 08/16/16 07:32 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: DAN.2000]
124 Offline

Bernie, I have to say that I'm intrigued by the flexibility of this system, but it just seems to be too many bits and pieces and hookups for the day to day gigging environment of setups and teardowns. It looks great for a bedroom studio setup, though.

#424875 - 08/16/16 08:07 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: Giovanni]
Bernie9 Online   content

Giovanni

I am not Dan, but happy you have gotten a little insight in a general way. As far as pedals are concerned, the answer is(a qualified) yes. All operations are executed via touchscreen,midi sustain or volume pedal, or , for that matter, most anything that sends a midi signal. The program has an accurate "Learn" system, whereas you go to the "Controller" screen and choose a parameter then press a computer keyboard key,a master keyboard button, or depress a pedal. This links the two together, very simple. You don't have to mess with CC numbers. One thing to keep in mind is that Dan is continuously working to improve the sounds of different companies, but not all sounds of all keyboards are finalized. You mentioned Tyros 5 etherial. You would have to ask Dan what he has ready.

My setup time is about 15 minutes, but still a bit longer that plunking down a keyboard. It depends on the player as to what he wants.
Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (08/16/16 08:07 AM)

#424883 - 08/16/16 09:02 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: Bernie9]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Bernie , once again THANK YOU for your help .
I was worried about messing about with CC numbers all too much for me .
Yes I would want it all set up in a flight gig box type of thing good to go .....with a very short set up time ,I do not want to keep connecting all the stuff up and strip down after a gig ...and faffing about setting midi wires /channels etc .

Yes I know my module has spoilt me !!!it is so easy and quick ,but that's how it has to be for me now !!...I'll keep getting info ....once again thank you .

#424909 - 08/16/16 04:23 PM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: DAN.2000]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
Brilliant answer, happy to see you were able to explain much more fully about
Varranger than I could especially about the gigging aspects.

I'm looking forward to getting mine set up again, a lot has happened in the many months I was away from my keyboards.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#424923 - 08/17/16 02:54 AM Re: Technics KN7000 is still alive :) [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Online   content

I know you know this, but go to the forum and you will see the thread for ver 1.17(?). Ask Dan to send you the link for the latest.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online