SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#421247 - 05/13/16 06:23 AM Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
The time has come to sell my first arranger, a Tyros 1...

The kb, while heavily used, is in great working condition...I really loved working with this board. Its loaded with hundred of registrations/extra style, etc.you'd expect a heavily used arranger to have.

The only issue I'm aware of is the speaker out jack for the Yamaha speaker system many of us used with it does not work. To be clear, the sub and the right side tweeter connection works fine. Only the left tweeter speaker connection needs fixed. I suspect its a very basic repair, but not one I'm able or interested in doing my self.

A few questions for the wise folks here at SZ...

1) Should I spend the money to have the speaker jack issue repaired so I can include the speaker system with the kb to (hopefully) consummate a sale? Or, should I include the speaker system without repairing the jack issue on the T1 and consider that when I price it?

2) Obviously, I'll be getting pennies on my original dollars. I'm seeing prices from $860.00 up to $1350.00 being asked for but have no idea if those specific units were ever sold. I've seen a completed Ebay auction for a T1 that doesn't work but could be harvested for parts sold for $175.00. I'm thinking a local sale might bring a better return than one that has to also cover shipping costs of close to $300 if its going all the way to the West Coast...

My goal is to walk away with as close to $400 bucks as possible...

Suggestions?

#421249 - 05/13/16 06:32 AM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Craigslist sell locally as is. I've had great luck with it locally just sold a T5 for just $100 less that I was asking but still got $100 more than I would have accepted. I meet buyers in pulbic locations, this time around it was in a Staples office supply store where the manager let us use a workstation area so the buyer could power up the keyboard to test.

#421253 - 05/13/16 07:42 AM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bachus Offline

I think overhere in Holland we would call €500 an honest price for the orriginal Tyros, depending on condition ofcourse..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421265 - 05/13/16 03:19 PM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill, there are so many questions that accompany I sale of a used keyboard. It could be one year old and be in terrible shape. Or nine years old and still a lot of life left.

If you believe the keyboard still has a lot of life left advertise it locally – have them see and hear before they buy; this should bring you a better price. Sight-unseen and shipping and PayPal will always bring a lower price. $300 to $400 does not buy much of a keyboard in today market. I would price it at $800 if it is what you say it is.

Keyboard and speaker system combo should not sell for $300 – at that price I would buy it myself and put it in the closet.
John C.

#421270 - 05/13/16 06:13 PM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
In your advertisement you should consider making a demo of you playing it and maybe explaining some of its features. After hearing how great you make that keyboard sound, I'm sure someone would play pretty close to a grand for it!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#421284 - 05/14/16 04:48 AM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Bill...just be honest in your advertising this way whoever buys it has no surprises...good luck

#421289 - 05/14/16 08:46 AM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Dnj]
Alan-Russell Offline

Donate it to a church..take the tax deduction. I did this with my Motif 8, my lord was so pleased.

Alan Russell

#421290 - 05/14/16 09:02 AM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have done that with older instruments. You can get better value that way if your tax situation merits.

#421291 - 05/14/16 02:03 PM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Officially posted it this morning on Craigslist and have received several texts and one call about it...

The first guy who texted me, subsequently called me around lunch to day, is located in Northern Kentucky and spoke in a heavy spanish accent, and asked about the quality of the various sounds, and if the keys all worked. I explained the issue with the speaker output jack and he said he wouldn't be interested in the yamaha speaker system, that he had another speaker to use. We're going to meet in Troy next Saturday morning so he can test out the kb for himself. He asked if I'd knock $50 off the price, I told him no and he didn't press it...

Then I got a text from the Houston area code saying "I'm comfortable with the price & condition. I have a certified check issued to you from my bank, then I will arrange for a pick up Express Mail! after check has cleared at your bank, I'll need your name, address, city, state zip code so I can mail the check to you via UPS." To which I responded, I'm committed to the 1st person who contacted me. If that falls through, I'll consider other buyers..."

Sounds like a scam to me, hopefully he just quietly goes away...

Then a text from Kentucky saying I have $400 cash in my hand for yamaha? (I told him I already had a buyer, he then said , "ooh, ok then...)

Then a text from Cincy area "Can you take 1/2 price for keyboard?" Told him I already have a buyer,thanks anyway... He says "You ready sold?" I said next week, price is firm, too." He replied "ok, Wat the models?" I responded "All the ifo is included in the listing..."

Is there usually this much bullshit from trying to move a 14 year old kb on CL?

#421292 - 05/14/16 03:01 PM Re: Selling a Tyros 1... Opinions wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
This typical of CL. The guy with the express pickup and bank certified check is typical scam. How much you asking?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online