SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >
Topic Options
#4201 - 01/11/04 10:18 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh? well I'm not too concerned about a couple of dead patches.

Oh and I just realised I canocet hook the 106 too my computer. Since I do not have a MIDI USB converter.

#4202 - 01/11/04 10:26 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, even if you're not conserned with a couple of dead patches...Look, it only takes two seconds to try what I'm suggesting.
Less time than it takes to go to the bathroom ...
Why not try it?
I mean it's your synth man, at least make sure that everything works.

-ED-

#4203 - 01/11/04 11:34 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually I don't think they are dead. I plugged some headphones inand turned the volume up an could hear a faint sound. So it may not be dead. Dave could be right, maybe something in there need cleaning, but I don't know. I'll figure something out.

#4204 - 01/11/04 08:04 PM Re: Bought a Juno 106
tekminus Offline

Don't take it so seriously. I just thought it was funny when you said you have nothing to write them over with. Some people would probably want even more patch locations, than the limited amount on the 106.

Not in your case, Paul. Oh no..you don't have enough patches to write over those slots. Hehe.

-tek

edit: no typos here, move on

[This message has been edited by Saddam Hussein (edited in the year 2525).]

[This message has been edited by tekminus (edited 01-12-2004).]

#4205 - 01/12/04 05:46 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heh, Hey I( hade an ARP AXXE with some stiff moving sliders and two that were snapped off, and I am supossed to be concerned about a couple of non working patches?

I don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff. Heh heh

#4206 - 01/13/04 01:26 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

#4207 - 01/13/04 09:58 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay well I fixed those three dead patches by createing my own patches and then saving them to the ones that were dead. The frist one was not too hard. When I moved the sub slider up I got a tone and then went from there makeing a sort of flute like sound. The second one was not too hard I plugged in a pair of headphones and turned the volume up to get the faint sound from the patch. From there I just tweaked it till it was just right trying too match close the sounds on either side of the dead one. The last one took a little while longer, but I did manage to get something that I liked. So now I have all the patches working on here.

Oh, one other thing while I was working on a patch for 34 I kept getting a lot of static through my speakers from the keyboard. Any idea why? Becuse the other banks do not cause this to happen. Just Bank 3 in group A. Maybe there is something that needs cleanning? I don't know. But I am not too concerned, if it gets worse or other sounds get staticy I will get the keyboard fixed.

#4208 - 01/13/04 10:10 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

When you hear static, is there a strange tingling sensation in your fingers,a funny smell of something burning and that odd feeling in your head? Is there smoke coming out of anywhere? If yes, then you're on the right track!

Well, actually I cant really tell you if it needs cleaning or not, but I'd eventually take it to the shop to just check if everything is OK. Meanwhile, enjoy the healthy 110V and be glad that even though humanity is completely ****ed up, we still were able to invent electricity.

-ED-

#4209 - 01/17/04 07:53 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

No! I don't get any strnage tingleing in my arms or smoke pouring out from the synth. Maybe the Output jack needs to be cleaned out.

#4210 - 01/17/04 09:44 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

I assume the unit doesn't feel very hot either?
I find the whole thing strange, 'cause you say that only some patches sound staticy...
If they all sounded staticy, then it would be an output issue, but since some do and some don't it's pretty weird...
I'd definitely take the thing to the shop and have it checked out. Might save your life or an extra 911 call and a visit by fire department (that I'm just joking about).
-ED-

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online