Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#418013 - 03/08/16 07:30 AM Anyone using this on gigs with a KB
Dnj Offline

#418015 - 03/08/16 09:12 AM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It looks like a portable massage table, Donny.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#418016 - 03/08/16 09:42 AM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
It looks like a portable massage table, Donny.

Gary cool

looks are deceiving, btw Gary when was the last tme you got a nice message? just sayin' drink ...it could eliminate an X stand etc, and be very useful when your doing 2 shows within one facility so you dont have to breakdown to move to another floor etc, making your rolling rig portable...in & out. wink

Edited by Dnj (03/08/16 09:43 AM)

#418017 - 03/08/16 10:12 AM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

You are always the person claiming there are too many parts and too much to assemble. This thing looks like a jigsaw puzzle. wink My X stand takes less than 3 seconds to set up.

Gary cool

#418018 - 03/08/16 10:13 AM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I would have been ready to play by the time he got that thing unpacked and set up!
He still needs mic stand, power supply, lights, etc. NOTHING is ready to go.

#418019 - 03/08/16 11:56 AM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

fellas I was just asking if anyone is using this setup that's all....
Im comfortable for now with both big & small my easy fast lightweight portable setup that I use all the time....but I'm always interested in seeing and talking about NEW gear..pro or con...it might not be a good fit for some but I'm sure some are using it in some way who knows.

carry on... cool2

#418025 - 03/08/16 12:39 PM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have a friend who rigged up a RnR type cart with a speaker on the bottom and an inverted hard case affixed to the top ... he retro fit the KB to 'hook' into the hard case so it doesn't move during transport ... everything is wired up and he screwed a goose neck to the case for his mic ... he uses a van in which he hooked up a winch to get the rig in and out ... easy transport and set up for any gig ...

#418026 - 03/08/16 12:44 PM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
I have a friend who rigged up a RnR type cart with a speaker on the bottom and an inverted hard case affixed to the top ... he retro fit the KB to 'hook' into the hard case so it doesn't move during transport ... everything is wired up and he screwed a goose neck to the case for his mic ... he uses a van in which he hooked up a winch to get the rig in and out ... easy transport and set up for any gig ...

Yes Ive seen that its kool......
until you run into a staircase surprised

#418027 - 03/08/16 12:54 PM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: Dnj]
The_g-man Offline

Loc: Republic of Ireland
Folding mixer case

Hopefully this link works, did not see a video on youtube for this company. I would like to see someone take this idea and tweak it to suit a keyboard player, possibly with the doors kept open and a lower section moves to the side for leg room and foot pedals.

#418029 - 03/08/16 01:34 PM Re: Anyone using this on gigs with a KB [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

All of this is plausible, and at one time, I posted some photos of a rig that involved a pair of Barbetta Sona 32-SC speakers on the bottom tier of a R&R R-10, 61 key keyboard on the top tier, clip-on mic stand attached to one of the push handles, a laptop on the opposite push handle perched on a Quick-Lock bracket, and it all rolled into a full size Ford Van and locked in place with a couple Bungee cords attached to the van wall. Worked great! It was perfect for someone that wanted to roll it into a room, plug in the extension cord and begin playing. Another guy I know did this with an 12/115-volt inverter and a big marine battery on the bottom tier along with the speakers. He played outdoor jobs a lot, mostly just an hour or so, and the deep cycle marine battery could handle it easily.

Anyone with an R-10 or R-12 R&R cart and a full size van could utilize this kind of rig. However, because of the weight, you would need to be young and strong, or have an electric/hydraulic wheelchair lift on the back or side of the van to provide easy access.

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online