SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#417882 - 03/05/16 12:54 AM Shivers down my spine
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Apologies for not dwelling on my keyboard exploits but availing myself of the opportunity to share with you a video that sends shivers down my spine. May I introduce to you singer Dana Winner from Belgium. she has been around the block for 25 years or more and has only gained celebrity in Holland, Belgium and South Africa, although her star is rising. She has a stellar voice, great pathos,matchless microphone technique and is also a very attractive woman to boot. She sings in six or seven languages both covers and original material, as a matter of fact she has just released her brand new album this week.
The link below is to a recent performance on a Belgian tv show in which artists perform in front of colleague artists. You will know this song in its original version by whitney Houston but imho this version is priceless. I know very few female singers, if any, who can emulate her performances. If you have gotten curious checke her out on youtube as there are many performances of her in several languages.....
Enjoy !

regards,
John Smies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb6AW00DgTI

#417886 - 03/05/16 04:33 AM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: john smies]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
WOW!!

Damn, I got touched and tears in my eyes........ most be the age.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#417887 - 03/05/16 05:14 AM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: john smies]
broker22 Offline

Beautiful.

#417891 - 03/05/16 07:34 AM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: john smies]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Fantastic. She really brings out the meaning of the lyrics.

#417895 - 03/05/16 07:53 AM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: Bill Lewis]
fjs714 Offline

Very nice performance,
However, sometimes a songs lyrics, melody and arrangement can evoke the "shiver" you mention. Whitney can remain at rest knowing no one, so far, can top her performance
Frank

#417896 - 03/05/16 07:53 AM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

I have to be honest although a very nice performance cover and I applaud her for attempting a classic Whitney Houston Song like this which IMO can never be topped..
Thank you for sharing John good stuff great song..

Edited by Dnj (03/05/16 12:02 PM)

#417905 - 03/05/16 11:24 AM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: john smies]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Forgive me Lord, but I have to agree with Donny on this smile smile.

chas

#417910 - 03/05/16 12:01 PM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Forgive me Lord, but I have to agree with Donny on this smile smile.

chas

cool2

#417913 - 03/05/16 12:20 PM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Oh boy are your national feelings flaring up smile

It was not meant to illustrate that she is better or worse than , in this instance, Whitney Houston, but just to show how good a singer she is. And if you do want a comparison made I would reckon she is much more versatile an artist than Whitney ever was. I will include a link below to a full length live performance of her. True it was in 2006 but she has only gotten better. If you guys have the stomach for it ( and the audio and video equipment to do her justice) just sit down for an hour and a half and let it run home. Most of it will be in Dutch and English but will bring home that what I wanted to share with you in the first place: a brilliant voice, a consummate professional artist, tremendously versatile and good looking to boot, though the latter is a matter of taste admittedly. In short, had she been born and discovered as a singer in either the UK or the US of A she would have shared the stage with the likes of Whitney, Streisand, you name it !!!!

regards
John

live show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhQ6YVrdGc

#417914 - 03/05/16 12:21 PM Re: Shivers down my spine [Re: john smies]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The young lady did something that Houston could not...she could sell the song..Houston could not sing naked like this young lady...Houston needed all the studio production tools.I can recall her trying a live venue and it was a disaster..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online