SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41684 - 08/13/07 06:00 AM Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have worked with most of the areas of the KN7000 But I must admit my knowledge of the organ possibilities is close to zero.

1-Can you do anything with the organ presets?
2-Digital Organ and Organ tabs??? There must be so much that can be done???
3-Are there any disk s available with custom organ set-ups?

Any help would appreciated, John C.

#41685 - 08/13/07 02:26 PM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John
I don't know much more, except tips given by Alec in his book. I emailed Jim. Maybe he can help.
Bernie

#41686 - 08/14/07 03:18 AM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
Bernie9 Offline

John
I forgot you have not had any organ background. In it's simplest form, try the USA and European organs for church. The white tabs are set first, using 16',8',4',and sometimes 2'. These are "Foundation" flute tones with the numbers corresponding to the simulation of corresponding length pipes. The higher the number, the lower the pitch. The 16' is for right hand only.

The yellow and red tabs are brass,reed, and string tabs, used for coloring in conjunction with the white tabs as desired.

The vibrato and tremulant may or may not be selected, depending on the type of music desired.

The KN7000 allows for a midi pedalboard(switch in rear), for a full organ. Wheras this organ tab section allows for custom settings, there is a multitude of organs elsewhere, including "Sound Explorer".

Let your ears be your guide. There are few absolutes, especially in churches today. I have played Hammond B3's with the Leslie on, and the congregation loved it. This formerly was a no no except in black churches. If you are playing for praise and worship, the use of vibrato and Leslie effect are desirable.

This is a very simple starting guide. I hope it helps getting you started.

Bernie

#41687 - 08/14/07 06:14 AM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BERNIE.....

Thanks for the nice description of organ design.... very helpful information for those who have no background about the wonderous organ!

One I have newly "discovered" & like a lot on the 7K is the "Theater Sparkle"... found it in the Sound Explorer/Pipe Organ/page 3 of 4..... Lot's of great sounds in there.

#41688 - 08/14/07 07:22 AM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
Bernie9 Offline

Thanks, but this isn't even a decent primer. There is so much more.

How about the really good organists from around the world chime in.

#41689 - 08/14/07 03:08 PM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi folks,
Here in England like you folks in the good old USA have been let down by our old friend Technics. Our fellow players in Europe and close areas were supplied far better software support, from the KN2 onwards there was a lot of discs full of styles and sound settings all the way up to the KN7. I now have a lot of this software which is NO longer supplied by the copyright holder. if people would like to contact me ,we can talk!!.
For my US friends please support CA. software.de
Christian has a lot of FREE software for the KN7 and many other models . for us keyboard players download files from the KN5000 onwards there are great setting and also many demo's great organ
settings.
Also not this software fit the PR models as well!!!!Email me for more details John>

#41690 - 08/14/07 11:47 PM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi jd5live
Be Careful
Technics was the Hi Tech Arm of Panasonic, (Matsushita) and consequently they still own the copyrights on anything that Technics produced.

Bill

#41691 - 08/15/07 06:00 AM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi folks,
Thanks Bill, in Europe A lot of support software was produced by independent people, now out of business,although there are still a large number of suppliers that produce midi files and styles of high standard mainly from Germany,but include many worldwide hits from many era.
Also NOTE CA Software.de have split the site we need the address is as follows
www.technics-music-service.de
If you go to downloads and the select your instrument it will take you to the right page, but don't forget the KN7 can read the files from the 3000 up so explore
regards john.

#41692 - 08/19/07 05:53 AM Re: Need help with Digital Organ and Organ Tabs
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
almost all of the good technics styles for all models and by far the biggest producer was and still is produced by Technote in the UK to be sure you are not peddling their copywrite visit their website and check.
Technote do act on the abuse of their work
be warned

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online