SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42611 - 08/12/07 11:00 AM Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello

Please help me help a customer, the only one, who cannot install the KN-SDExplorer tool. Here is some email exchange. I am out of options: I thoroughly tested the zip file I sent him: I unpacked it and installed it on my work machine with Windows XP and also extracted it on my Vista Ultimate machine and I can send screenshots to proof that there cannot be a problem.

Please help me out and thanks so much:

Sent yesterday:
Hi Fred

Thanks for your prompt response unfortunately this download is no different. After the unzip process ther are only the two read-me icons. I have used the link from the web page but it will only go so far then is asks for payment, but there is no link to confirm that payment has been made?

Regards
John

Sent today:
Hi Fred

Still no joy

I am using Windows XP

I tried loading the attachment on to my laptop it had no problem with the unzip process but it appeared on the screen as read only and would not respond.

When saving the attachment the three icons appear but after unzipping the icon SD Explorer.msi is blocked. If I try unzipping the icon separately a windows error message appears saying that the file could be harmful therefore it is being blocked.

HELP!!!!
JOHN

------------------

#42612 - 08/12/07 11:46 AM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Have him turn off the security blocks or reduce the security level...

#42613 - 08/12/07 11:57 AM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
fmlk Offline

Thanks for your fast reply. In the mean time I did a test: I went to my wife's laptop, where also XP Home edition is running. On that laptop I downloaded the tool from my website, as if I was a (potential) customer and unpacked the zip file and installed the msi without any problem. I send a doc with screenshots of the installation and the tool running successfully. I sent the doc with screenshots to John. I also sent him the link to this thread.

Regards, Fred

------------------

[This message has been edited by fmlk (edited 08-12-2007).]

#42614 - 08/12/07 03:56 PM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Fred,

Two things spring to mind here (1) as Fran suggests, maybe he needs to "temporarily allow access" to his PC. I am using Windows XP Home and it is very quick to 'block' access to my PC any sites/software or programs it doesn't recognise but I do usually get a pop-up asking whether I will allow access, all I do then is click on "yes"

(2) You may recall I too had great difficulty installing the KN SD Explorer Tool as I made the mistake of saving it to 'My Documents' and of course it should have been saved to 'My Computer' under a separate Drive Letter which in my case is 'F'

Perhaps your customer is making the same mistake.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#42615 - 08/13/07 09:56 AM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
fmlk Offline

New mail from John: who has other suggestions?
Thanks for help.

Hi Fred

I appreciate all the testimonials that you have and am sure that you have an excellent programme but that has no relevance to my situation.

I tried again to load the attachment with my FIREWALL deactivated with exactly the same result as before.

I can only suggest that you make an unzipped copy and post it to me or refund my payment and I will have to reluctantly go without the programme.

regards

JOHN

Thanks again for your help, Fred

------------------

#42616 - 08/13/07 11:04 AM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
fmlk Offline

another email from John:

HI Again Fred
I have disabled the blocking device and have assigned the correct drive letter which in my case is I: and now all I am getting is a read me only page showing.

I have received downloads from many sources over the past 7 years and have never encountered these inconsistencies
regards
John

Kind regards, Fred

------------------

#42617 - 08/14/07 04:14 AM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Hi Fred

Just one thought - although your customer says that his operating system is windows XP - I wonder whether it is in fact win 98.

In which case as you well know your excellent program just does not work.

#42618 - 08/19/07 09:59 AM Re: Unclear KN-SDExplorer problem
fmlk Offline

Problem is solved by sending the software on a diskette ( won't be standard though!)

Regards, Fred

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online