SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#416697 - 02/13/16 10:29 PM New Keyboard, what to get
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I was going to go back to the tyros 5, just got out of a 970 and really have not been to thrilled with the 900 line since the 910. Was thinking about giving a new keyboard a try. However, with all the styles and the songs I have written I imagine it would be tough to get out of the Yamaha arranger line. Any ides or should I get the T5. Got to say these boards sure don't loose the value. got mine new for about 3200, looks like I'll be hard pressed to find a used one at that price.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Edited by beachbum (02/13/16 10:30 PM)

#416701 - 02/13/16 11:48 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: beachbum
I was going to go back to the tyros 5, just got out of a 970 and really have not been to thrilled with the 900 line since the 910. Was thinking about giving a new keyboard a try. However, with all the styles and the songs I have written I imagine it would be tough to get out of the Yamaha arranger line. Any ides or should I get the T5. Got to say these boards sure don't loose the value. got mine new for about 3200, looks like I'll be hard pressed to find a used one at that price.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

The Tyros 5 is an awesome beast, if you have all your content based on Yamaha instruments it might be best to stick with Yamaha, and you cant get better then a T5, i love mine..

Keep in mind however that the PA4x is certainly the Tyros5´s equall. But it indeed would be a tremendous job to convert all your stuff into Korg. IF you are a live performer, i would stick to Yamaha, if you are a home player, its allways worth a consideration to start all over again..

and there is another option, and thats called Varranger, Varranger plays all styles from all brands with its newly build in soundsource, and it would leave you free to choose any keyboard you want to accompany the arranger.. (other modular options are Ketron and Roalnd BK7) but only the Varranger allows you to take your Yamaha stuff with you... tough i think you need to be a bit of a techhead to pull it off, requires some setting up..

but with a Varranger solution you would be future proof.. If you have a decent laptop fit for a DAW its only 350 euro´s plus 100 euro for each of the new internal(laptop) soundsets (Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Ketron).. So for you it would 450 euro´s to try it out, and it comes with money back guarantee if you are not hapy with it.

A Varranger highend windows 10 surface tablet setup, with a small midi controller like Novation Sl2 mk zero makes the perfect arranger module to me, allowing you to use any keyboard like Nord stage, korg kronos, Yamaha Montage or MOXF, roland jupiter 80 whatever you want in combination with that module..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416710 - 02/14/16 02:24 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
+1

Bill

#416711 - 02/14/16 02:25 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Double post

#416713 - 02/14/16 04:18 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I must be a bit dumb but I have to say that I do not understand what varranger does. I think it is a piece of software that you purchase for a laptop; and that you connect that laptop to your keyboard somehow...but how does it change anything that you play on your keyboard please?
I have a Technics KN7000 if that helps any explanation.

#416715 - 02/14/16 05:45 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
Dnj Offline

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Why go backwards...?..Just wait for Yamaha's next release TOTL arranger KB ..... cool2 or maybe its time to make the next step to the New Yamaha Montage` and really create some songs from scratch and take your music to a new level..

Edited by Dnj (02/14/16 05:48 AM)

#416716 - 02/14/16 06:21 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: RMepstead]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Originally Posted By: RMepstead
I must be a bit dumb but I have to say that I do not understand what varranger does. I think it is a piece of software that you purchase for a laptop; and that you connect that laptop to your keyboard somehow...but how does it change anything that you play on your keyboard please?
I have a Technics KN7000 if that helps any explanation.

You play on your Technics, or any other midi keyboard, and you hear sound and style in your computer.

More info here : http://www.varranger.com/features/

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#416721 - 02/14/16 06:45 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Why go backwards...?..Just wait for Yamaha's next release TOTL arranger KB ..... cool2 or maybe its time to make the next step to the New Yamaha Montage` and really create some songs from scratch and take your music to a new level..

Tyros 6 will be a 2018 release according to French inside information set online by their largest Music shop..

That would be a 2 year wait

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416727 - 02/14/16 08:41 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
i am thinking Montage for me but still have time to decide with the next Tyros series keyboard prob at least 2 years away lot of time to explore I think having a Main stream unit as well as as a TOTL arang in my set up would be a complement to everything .

we will see not avail till at least May so lot of time here.

#416728 - 02/14/16 09:39 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
Dnj Offline

an arranger kb tyros or s series, korg pa4x/pa900, BK9, and a synth workstation Montage, Motif, Kronos, etc, is the way to go you can cover almost any musical project that way...there is no need for two arrangers Imo..

Edited by Dnj (02/14/16 09:42 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online