SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#415005 - 01/21/16 09:28 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Your swing isn't bad; it's just like music, you gotta PRACTICE more than you PLAY. smile
You could probably beat me now because I only played three times in 2015 and so far zero times this year.
Maybe I'll get a GoPro to televise this 65 degree weather and baby blue skies we're having.

... you ARE a real Southern gentleman Don ... thanks for being so kind about my golf swing ...
However, considering OUR weather forecast, you could have kept your 65 degrees and baby blue skies to yourself ... grin

#415008 - 01/21/16 09:50 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Pouring rain today. When it gets to you it will be SNOW!

#415009 - 01/21/16 10:27 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Pouring rain today. When it gets to you it will be SNOW!

... thanks for nuttin' ... frown

#415022 - 01/21/16 01:20 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Good luck Gary and Donny looks like you guys could take a hit with that major snowfall. Tony I know you folks in RI could get hit too!

6+ inches around mid state closer to the shore, more further south ...

Not exactly a beach day here in Ocala, Florida but it's 70 degrees. Tony feels like a spring day in Ri at home. smile

#415026 - 01/21/16 02:05 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Weatherman is calling for 18 to 24 inches of snow here tomorrow, so I fired up the snow blower to make sure it still runs OK. Ran like a scalded dog! wink Snow is a 4 letter word. smile

What amazes me is that Donny says he loves the cold weather, yet he will ultimately lose thousands of dollars each year in cancellations because of winter snow and freezing rain. If I had my druthers right now, I would be in Marathon Key, Florida, 78 degrees, low humidity, playing and singing Jimmy Buffett songs (sorry Russ) to younger ladies at the Tiki Bars. OH YEAH! smile smile smile But, alas, I'm stuck here in the frozen north this winter. Damned I hate Maryland winters.

Shot some vids today of the place where I performed, unfortunately, most were too infirmed to dance. I'll post them in a few minutes.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#415033 - 01/21/16 05:12 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, here's a short video of today. I sat the camera on top of my custom console, on the left hand corner. The room measured approximately 80 feet by 40 feet and the audience was about 35 feet away from me. I was on a small stage in the corner of the room, and Bose L1 Compact (1) was situated about 5 feet to the right of the camera.

As you can readily see, the camera provided about 180 to 190 degrees of video coverage, which is amazing. The object to the right is the screen of the laptop and I positioned the camera a bit to the front of the computer. The video is quite crisp and clear, at least from what I can see on my PC, and the audio, for a tiny camera mic, is exceptional, even from 5 feet away.

This thing is definitely a great video recording tool and I wouldn't hesitate to use it for shooting promotionals for any OMB business. It captures everything you wish, and then some.

I used the anti-fish-eye program, and while it did remove some of the fish eye, it did not remove all. You could still readily see some effects on the outer edges of the video after removal.

Here ya go:

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#415043 - 01/21/16 11:11 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, the vocals seem very indistinct. I couldn't tell what the first song was. I could tell on Leroy, but I wouldn't be happy with the sound as far as promoting myself. I much preferred what I saw and heard in the first video to this one.
I'm sure it all has to do with positioning the camera.

#415049 - 01/22/16 05:15 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: DonM]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I agree with Don's comments. This is a great technology , but not a good fit for a OMB application.

I think a better application would be for your sailing excursions.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Edited by Jerryghr (01/22/16 05:37 AM)

#415052 - 01/22/16 05:54 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The GoPro is designed for action (Fixed to you ski hat, rock climbing etc.), now if Gary had played and sang while kayaking down the rapids or bungee jumping, then he would have been using the GoPro for what it is designed for.

Bill

#415054 - 01/22/16 06:13 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary can you record direct to the camera audio in line on GoPro?

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online