SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416787 - 02/15/16 04:04 AM Korg PA4X terminology explained
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

On the German Korg forum I came across the following survey to explain to former PA3X ( and other PA ) users the new structure and definitions that are being used for the PA4X and are subject to quite a few misunderstandings here and there, not least of all with yours truly himself.
My gratitude goes to Siebenhirter ( Austria) for the following contribution:

Hi,

There are no substantial differences in saving styles and their settings between the PA3X and the PA4X ( with the exception of Direct-Styles). The PA4X has factory, user and favourite styles which are saved in the same way as with the PA3X.
And similar to the PA3X you can save user and favourite styles but to replace factory styles you will have to unlock the Factory Protect for factory styles.

The PA4X introduces some new terminology:

KeyboardSet = Performance in PA3X
Keyboard-Set-Library = Performance-Bank in PA3X
Keyboard-Set1, 2, 3, 4 = STS1, 2, 3, 4 in Pa3x
Style Performance = Style settings of the keyboard tracks
Style Setting = style settings of the style tracks
SetList1 ... 12 = Songbook Custom List in PA3X

Write KdbSet to Library = Write Performances >Keyboard Set Bank ( = Performance Bank) and Location ( Performance number) can be selected from the screen.

Write KbdSet to Style = write STS into the current Style ( Style Performance) > Style is shown and selected, you can select the location (STS-number) on the screen.

Write Song = a new Songbook entry is created either as a Style- or a Song. ( including all appropriate Performances of the style used )

Songbook/BookEdit1 KeyboardSet/Write Current = saving the STS set of a Songbook entry >
Keyboard Set ( all STS or STS 1-4) can be selected from the screen

Style Performance are those settings in which the style settings ( keyboard-set 1,2,3,4,) of the realtime upper 1,2,3 and Lower have been allocated to.

Style-Setting are those tracks that have been programmed for Drums, Percussion, Bass, Acc 1-Acc5.
(Background Tracks)

Writing current Style Setting = writing/saving all settings for a particular style >Style bank and Style can be selected from the screen.

#416794 - 02/15/16 07:31 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

So John did you order a PA4x yet?

#416803 - 02/15/16 09:44 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Donny my friend where have you been ?! smile
I have ordered it AGAIN, secondtime around so to speak.
I thought you knew I had one in November but there were
too many problems both bug-wise and with the copy they gave me.
I fell back onto the PA900 but decided I should go for the premier league again so to speak.
Should be getting one at the end of the month or otherwise in March. I am in no hurry though..............

kind regards,
John

#416805 - 02/15/16 09:52 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Good luck John enjoy it!!

#416810 - 02/15/16 10:15 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

Donny my friend where have you been ?! smile
I have ordered it AGAIN, secondtime around so to speak.
I thought you knew I had one in November but there were
too many problems both bug-wise and with the copy they gave me.
I fell back onto the PA900 but decided I should go for the premier league again so to speak.
Should be getting one at the end of the month or otherwise in March. I am in no hurry though..............

kind regards,
John

I hope you will have more luck this time...

I played one for over an hour this weekend, and really liked it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416813 - 02/15/16 11:02 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

for now yes..........better things are on the horizon for sure.....just sayin'....

Edited by Dnj (02/15/16 11:03 AM)

#416873 - 02/16/16 03:42 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Would you give up your beloved T5 for the Pa4x or would you add it to the T5? Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Edited by Stephenm52 (02/16/16 03:44 AM)
Edit Reason: double quote

#416875 - 02/16/16 07:28 AM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Would you give up your beloved T5 for the Pa4x or would you add it to the T5? Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

No never, i am quite happy with my Tyros5 and Kronos combination.. Many of the strong points of the PA4x are also covered in the Kronos..

tough, its undeniable that Korg gives you more controll over your arranger performance, the features i love most about my T5, like SA2, Ensemble and the awesome organ section, are not available on the Korgs...

however, as allways has been, the Korg styles espescially the Drum parts are just a little better, but thats only audible in a direct comparrison. Just love the new Drums of the PA4x. But then, i somehow miraclulously got my hands on a whole plethora of Korg styles that when tweaked give very very good results on the Tyros5, even better so if i use the drums of the Kronos.

Also the piano sounds was good, but not as good as my Kronos, where i have currently 7 different high end grandpiano sounds, all of them even better then the pa4x piano sound.

Now if there are instrumetns that really triggered me then it are the Upcomming montage as well as the Jupiter80... which i never got to play untill recently, and i found that the live sets of the Jupiter turn it into a whole other beast then the Integra7..

For now, i will keep sitting where i sit, quite happy with me Kronos/Tyros5 combi... not using the integra7 that much. And these days i have a borrowed Nord lead 4 rack in my set, which is a very very fun toy, but not a keeper. Since i really got deep into the Kronos however, my whole VST collection and my mainstage get barely touched..

Might get a Montage as 3rd instrument.. but dont like 3 levels high racks .. 2 is a perfect match, but yes, i am intrigued by the Montage.

Edited by Bachus (02/16/16 07:33 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416890 - 02/16/16 12:41 PM Re: Korg PA4X terminology explained [Re: john smies]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bachus, Thanks for the feedback.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online