SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#414938 - 01/20/16 10:32 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: Jerryghr]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
Very good quality for a camera in that price range.

With the wide angle, the camera could be set up to record the player, and the audience participation at the same time. Good for promo clips

PS: I didn't notice any fish eye effect!!

LOL! I always wondered how Marty Feldman managed with those eyes. Really funny guy.

#414944 - 01/20/16 11:32 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

PS: I didn't notice any fish eye effect!!

....Jerry its quitye obvious just look along the ceiling tiles in the video confused1

#414948 - 01/20/16 01:01 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Amazing little camera!! Nice job! Wish those were available during the days we skied and were trying to improve our form.

#414949 - 01/20/16 01:12 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I am utterly amazed at what this camera can do, especially when I look back to the days when I worked in the WBAL news room and the camera guy lugged around a huge, Ikegami camera on a shoulder harness, and 35 pounds of batteries on his belt pac, and hoped that he could get 30 minutes of video in before the batteries dropped dead. This thing provides 4 hours and 40 minutes of video on a tiny, lithium battery the size of a pack of matches.

Donny, I just downloaded the GoPro editing program, which has lots of features, and it has been updated several times since that video, but I did find the fish eye removal feature, which takes about 10 minutes for a 500 meg video, which is the size of the one I uploaded. It's a slow process, and it does not remove all of the fish eye, but it helps. Just another learning curve for this old man to stumble through.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414950 - 01/20/16 01:18 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary good to hear........but in future videos you can keep the fisheye effect feature OFF I assume? so you dont have to go thru the editing it out part later....we all learn new stuff every day...

have fun

#414951 - 01/20/16 01:44 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, there is no fisheye off feature on the camera. The fisheye comes from the ultra-wide angle lens, which allows you to work without a view finder. The only method of reducing this is to get very close to what you are videoing or edit it out in the software. The lens is equivalent to a 10mm camera lens. Standard wide angle lenses begin at about 28-mm. The lower the number, the wider the angle. Wide angle lenses, such as this one, allowed you to see 90 percent of my office interior. The only part you couldn't see is all the sailboat stuff, sails, radar, electronics, bags, life jackets, etc..., that were piled up to the right side of the camera. It's not a big deal, and most of the action shots you see on YouTube today are filmed with ultra-wide angle lenses, but no one seems to notice, mainly because there are very few straight lines outdoors to reference the video to.

Take a look at

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/20/16 01:46 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414952 - 01/20/16 01:58 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Good info Gary......I hope you get some good video of the BIG SNOW STORM Headed our way Saturday looks like a 24+" KABOOM Fiasco for us in VA, DC, MD, DE ,NJ, PA, NY, etc,... surprised

Maryland 24+ Snow

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Edited by Dnj (01/20/16 02:21 PM)

#414953 - 01/20/16 02:18 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Nice video Gary. Enjoyable.

The ultra wide angle view of the go pro has another advantage of being able to get close to the action and still stay in focus.

Being able to get closer to the subject also means a better audio from the subject as well.

The purpose of a wide angle lens is to help insure focus from up close to infinity.

They are fun I hear.

Rog L

Edited by guitpic1 (01/20/16 02:19 PM)

#414954 - 01/20/16 02:22 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Amazing little camera!! Nice job! Wish those were available during the days we skied and were trying to improve our form.

... hmmmm ... I wonder if it could help me improve my golf swing ... who am I kidding... NOTHING could help that ... ask Mason - he knows ...

#414957 - 01/20/16 02:34 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Your swing isn't bad; it's just like music, you gotta PRACTICE more than you PLAY. smile
You could probably beat me now because I only played three times in 2015 and so far zero times this year.
Maybe I'll get a GoPro to televise this 65 degree weather and baby blue skies we're having.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online