SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41443 - 12/15/06 06:37 AM OK, Let’s start learning.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
What has anybody learned that you feel will add to my playing the KN7000?

Everyone has some great knowledge/tricks to share that they feel is unique.

John C.

#41444 - 12/15/06 08:57 AM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Here's one - use SD Jukebox and use audio files - give yourself a break in the middle or at the end of your performance...
Rog

#41445 - 12/15/06 01:53 PM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Rule 1 Keep the 7000 and enjoy!!!!!!!
Rule 2+ as per rule 1
JOHN

#41446 - 12/15/06 02:25 PM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Here's one - use SD Jukebox and use audio files - give yourself a break in the middle or at the end of your performance...
Rog

Rog,
Now to remember how I put the audio songs on the SD card????

John C.

#41447 - 12/15/06 05:22 PM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
[B]What has anybody learned that you feel will add to my playing the KN7000?

Hi John.
One day at a time, it won't take you long to suss it all out,
Great keyboard!!!!
regards.
Joe

#41448 - 12/18/06 01:36 AM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.

After all the years of working with Technics keyboards and the time on the KN7000 I find myself staring at the keyboard and wondering where the button I need might be. This aging mind is forgetting.

On the good side with a little experimenting I found the button and all that followed fell in place. Not a bad life -- and my brain is still doing it’s job.
I guess like the saying goes, “I still got it”.

I could use help in two areas:

I found the back-up for two of the SD cards I was using in my computer. Is there a way I can transfer the data from my computer to a new SD card? Do I need additional equipment?

What original disk came with the KN7000?

Thank you, John C.

#41449 - 12/18/06 03:14 AM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
technicsplayer Offline

if the backup is an *.sdb file then the supplied song manager program (or the demo of sd explorer) is needed to restore to a blank card. If the backup is a zip file (since you can just zip up a technics and midi sd for backup) just open and drag the 'private' folder to the root of the card, no special reader needed. SD audio is another subject.

An initialisation disk for the custom section and other flash areas (home, favorites pages and user midi) was supplied, also the style converter disk. You can download them here: http://www.technics-music-service.de/downloads/index.htm

#41450 - 12/18/06 03:26 AM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John,
Sure you can transfer the Back-up files on your PC to a New SD Card. There are two ways to do this :
1. Use an SD Card Reader/Writer Module and the Song Manager program.
2. Put a new card in your KN7000 and transfer the back-up file, via the USB link - again using Song Manager.
Option 1 is the quickest way - using Option 2 takes a Loooooong Time

The KN7000 was supplied with a CD called 'Applications and Drivers' and two Floppy Disks - 'Style Convert' and 'Initial Data'. If you don't have these Disks, let me know and I can email copies to you.
If you have not got the 'Applications and Drivers' CD, you can download the content from the Tech Tips page on my website - (Tip #15)

Looks like Alec and I were typing at the same time

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 12-18-2006).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41451 - 12/18/06 03:36 AM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi John - it seems that whilst I was typing my little bit both technics player and Bill were doing the same. Hope you will be able to use some of it.....Joan

My first reply to you

Hi John

There are two ways that I know off that you can restore to a new SD card. The one I use is the excellent SDExplorer tool that Fred Mellink and co devised.

The other one was part of the original CDs that came with new KN7000s. These I believe can be downloaded from the TechTips page on Bill Norries' site.

If your backup name extension ends with

.sdb

and reads as type

"Restore KN7000 SD"

then it is an SD Explorer type.

You need to you have the SD Explorer tool on your PC then you can either restore this to a previously formatted SD card OR if you prefer to see what is happening/what is on the backup file first, you can restore it to a new folder of your choice on your PC – easiest place to put the new folder would be on your desktop.

If that is successful you can then go ahead and restore to a previously formatted SD card.

e.g. to restore to a previously a .sdb file on your PC.

1. Create a new folder on your desktop, naming it so that you can readily identify this.
2. Cursor on the "Restore KN7000 backup file. Right Click and select RESTORE KN7000 Card
3. Browse for folder list will appear and you will cursor down to the folder you just have created and chosen to restore to.
4. Press OK and your backup file will restore to your new folder

Hope this info is of some use to you even if it only provides a step from which you can proceed further!!!! Good luck

Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 12-18-2006).]

#41452 - 12/18/06 04:21 AM Re: OK, Let’s start learning.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
What has anybody learned that you feel will add to my playing the KN7000?

Everyone has some great knowledge/tricks to share that they feel is unique.

John C.

Wow, all this accumulated knowledge! All I can say is I hope this fabulous SynthZone Forum continues on and on because there is never a day goes by that I don't learn something new about the incredible Technics
keyboard(s). The 7000 and others before it may be "gone" but they still are very much alive and will be for a long, long time.

To all my wonderful SZ friends and colleagues, a blessed and joyous Christmas to you all and all my best wishes for a New Year filled with new and exciting knowledge about the wonderful 7000 that brings such incredible musical joy into all our lives! As Bill Norrie (Willum)always states in his messages:

<"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley">

TED ROSE

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 12-18-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online