SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#413269 - 12/19/15 09:03 AM Re: Modulating ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Okay, I did Mack the Knife last night and modulated three times. The audience didn't notice, because he was in the rest room at the time. smile
Seriously though folks . . .I must concede it added a lot to the energy of the song, and this time of year I need all the energy I can get.

#413274 - 12/19/15 09:34 AM Re: Modulating ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Glad it worked for you, Don ... but then ANTHING works for you ...
I play the first two verses in 'G' and then modulate on each subsequent verse to play the last verse in 'C' ...
I also admit to using the Bobby Darin version SMF on this one because I couldn't play all the parts it needs at the same time - and with that big finish it gets quite a bit of applause every time I do it ...
That being said, in a quieter restaurant setting, I have played it using a Jazz trio or quartet style and it has gone over well ...
BTW, I say "played it", but this is absolutely a vocal singer keys ...

#413275 - 12/19/15 09:40 AM Re: Modulating ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

BTW, I want to thank all of you for the kind words on my version of "Clementine" ... but I wouldn't mind hearing some constructive criticism ... I've got big shoulders grin

#413282 - 12/19/15 10:31 AM Re: Modulating ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
BTW, I want to thank all of you for the kind words on my version of "Clementine" ... but I wouldn't mind hearing some constructive criticism ... I've got big shoulders grin

OK, you shouldn't make fun of fat people. Some of us resent it. smile That's the only criticism I can think of, and I'm certainly not serious about that!

#413286 - 12/19/15 01:03 PM Re: Modulating ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

OK, you shouldn't make fun of fat people. Some of us resent it. smile That's the only criticism I can think of, and I'm certainly not serious about that!

Hey ... I resemble that remark ... laugh2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online