guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
This old 'rookie' learning a new song.

http://youtu.be/-tf8Z37LTBQ

smile

#410062 - 10/24/15 11:15 AM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No, you're learning an OLD song! smile Keep up the good work!

#410067 - 10/24/15 11:47 AM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Learning is the fun part.

Good one,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#410092 - 10/24/15 08:14 PM Re: Georgia [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Don,

You're right it is an old song.

Nothin like an old dog learning new tricks.

Tx

smile

#410111 - 10/25/15 12:17 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
guitpic1, you've got money invested in gear right. Invest $35 more in a "Realbook" and learn to play the songs with the right chords. If you don't know how to make the chords get another book that will show you how to form the chord. You'll enjoy playing the song m ore with the correct chords.This will give you confidence and you won't hurt the ears of ones who can hear all of the wrong chords. If you're going to learn to lay brick, build cabinets, or sail a boat, would you want to learn the right way to accomplish this feat? There are plenty enough who screw up chords in everything they play. What I'm saying here is known as constructive criticism to encourage you. It's not meant to put you down and discourage you. There isn't enough constructive criticism on this forum and that's why so many are stuck in playing horrible chord passages. I used to think that the guys here were complimenting bad music to be polite. However, after 15 years I now know that most do not know when one is playing the wrong chords. These ones are known to have tin ears. I know the public doesn't care, but you should. Would you want to lay crooked brick,build an ugly looking cabinet paint a half ass painting? Of course not. Take some pride in you musical ability. Start with a $35 book with good chord progressions. Amen

#410112 - 10/25/15 12:36 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

You don't even have to buy books, it's all available on line if you look. I like The Guitar Guy for some interesting arrangements.
http://www.theguitarguy.com/georgiao.htm

Edited by DonM (10/25/15 12:38 PM)

#410114 - 10/25/15 01:10 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Don, that's the same chords I use, and probably the same place I got the chord information for the song. Betcha Boo has 33,000 transition chords for that song, but I could be wrong. wink

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/25/15 01:10 PM)
Edit Reason: punctuation

#410115 - 10/25/15 01:13 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Pretty much how Ray did it. But what does he know?

#410118 - 10/25/15 01:58 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
cgiles Online   content

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Don, Gary....c'mon guys. I didn't want to say anything because I'm always viewed as being negative; but Don, you're way too good a musician and way too familiar with that tune to say that that is the way Ray Charles did it. I think Boo went out of his way to indicate that his post was meant soley as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I understand trying to be supportive of other members' musical efforts, but I think sometimes we risk doing a disservice by not pointing out the very obvious errors that change the whole characteristics of the song. I mean, what's wrong with saying "I applaud your effort but the chords are incorrect". If we aren't able to say that, then the forum has NO value as a learning platform to improve your performance.

I applaud Boo for 'keeping it real' and offering helpful advice and feedback. And BTW, if anyone else is playing these same chords, then YOU'RE playing it wrong too. JMO. Oh, and if you're trying to learn a new tune, you should probably have the sheet in front of you.

chas

#410119 - 10/25/15 03:09 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Chas and Boo, how about posting the correct chords. Old farts like me are still willing to learn a few tricks from you young dogs. wink

Gary cool

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online