SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#409514 - 10/13/15 05:55 AM Need More Pc HELP Please..............
Dnj Offline

Hi.........
usung Win 7 as you can see in the picture

1- I want to know how to remove the little pop up detail box (circled in red) when I put the cursor over a FILE NAME....

2- I also want to remove the wide space on the bottom of the file window & just have files all the way down. (circled in red)

can anyone help?

Thank you

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

#409515 - 10/13/15 06:24 AM Re: Need More Pc HELP Please.............. [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

About the white space with the folder symbol at the bottom, you can only drag down the dividing line as far as possible to minimize this space (or right click into the space and choose size 'small'), but I wouldn't know how to make it completely invisible.

#409528 - 10/13/15 09:04 AM Re: Need More Pc HELP Please.............. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Calling all Pc gerus please chime in...... there must be a way to do this somehow?

#409531 - 10/13/15 10:20 AM Re: Need More Pc HELP Please.............. [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I'm pretty sure that it is a function of placement of the little arrow. If you place the arrow (with the mouse) close to another file, the little box will display the info for that file. If you can, move your arrow off the page and click before you take your screen shot.
Ciao,
Jerry

#409532 - 10/13/15 10:27 AM Re: Need More Pc HELP Please.............. [Re: Jerry T]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
I'm pretty sure that it is a function of placement of the little arrow. If you place the arrow (with the mouse) close to another file, the little box will display the info for that file. If you can, move your arrow off the page and click before you take your screen shot.
Ciao,
Jerry

That helps for a screenshot, but I think Don just wants to use this in a live situation. I guess you would have to go deep into Windows programming, I doubt you can influence that in the settings.

#409534 - 10/13/15 10:42 AM Re: Need More Pc HELP Please.............. [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
1. Click start button, type folder options and click the fodder options folder that appears
2. Click on the View tab and scroll down to Show pop up description for folder and desktop items and uncheck it.
3. Click Apply followed by OK.
Hope this helps

Bill

#409536 - 10/13/15 10:49 AM Re: Need More Pc HELP Please.............. [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
1. Click start button, type folder options and click the fodder options folder that appears
2. Click on the View tab and scroll down to Show pop up description for folder and desktop items and uncheck it.
3. Click Apply followed by OK.
Hope this helps

Bill
Bill you are a GENIUS !!! it works that pop up was sooooooo annoying when performing on stage !!
Thank you so much,........I'll do it on all my computers asap..

as far as the other problem on the bottom of the window display I guess there is no fix? or?

Edited by Dnj (10/13/15 10:50 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online