SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#408553 - 09/19/15 12:28 AM This should be reported to Ketron...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I suspect there are two things wrong with Ketron's operating system:

1. OS5.3D Definitely would not load certain older styles correctly, not even add on styles by Ketron themselves. Some had to re-install styles they purchased from Ketron.

2. OS5.2A Best OS yet, but I suspect any styles created by using this OS can only be played by others using the same OS. Somehow Ketron writes the OS info into the styles. Most likely, because this OS sort of worked for the users but not for Ketron, it is not official & no trace of it can be found from Ketron.

It seems that Ketron is trying to protect it's onboard styles & in doing so, they completely ignored the possibilities of 3rd party styles. Not a good approach for any arranger manufacturer,

Here are some links to verify all of the above:

Discussion 01

Discussion 02

Discussion 03

Henni

#408560 - 09/19/15 08:29 AM Re: This should be reported to Ketron... [Re: Henni]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Seems all companies supplying services or products are insulating themselves from direct contact for support. Almost all have automated systems (if that) to discourage any person to person contact. Just a side comment, the government is no exception, I recently tried to contact an IRS agency or office (USA), no can do. It's a sad situation with companies and such now. I suspect however that in Ketron's case they are digging their own grave so to speak. Sorry for the off subject "rambling" :-)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online