SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40784 - 10/30/04 10:40 AM SD Explorer Demo Error
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
I have downloaded the SD Explorer demo program for editing KN7000 songs from SD cards. The software installed correctly but when I start the program with a SD card in the reader, the software does not load and I get an error:
"can not open KN7000 file structure H:\: Access is denied."

I have verified through windows explorer (Using Windows98), that my SD car is the H drive.

Have you had this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

R.C. Bellotti

#40785 - 10/30/04 08:42 PM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Same mssage came to me! I hope we will get an explanation and possible solution soon!

#40786 - 10/31/04 01:55 AM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
BLUEROSEY Offline

Loc: WALES UK
Thank god I thought it was my computer at fault. I`ve got the same problem, but in addition I found I had lost the "new" command in the edit menu, was this a coincidence ? or has anybody found the same.
BLUEROSEY

#40787 - 10/31/04 04:34 AM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi There - What Operating system are you using on your PC? Is it Microsoft XP? If not it could be the problem.

The software was developed in XP and apart from a couple of minor hiccups which are being addressed the SDExplorer is working fine on PCs running XP.

Some users of Windows 98 and ME that I know of have been unable to use the software and it could be that that is also your problem.

I don't know this to be a fact at this stage but would expect that Fred will make some comment as to whether this is correct or not to put you in the picture. Joan

#40788 - 10/31/04 06:38 AM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello All,

Joan reported that our tool works with Windows XP. Yes, true, but also for Windows 2000. However for older Windows versions it is not tested for the simple reason that we don't have a PC with Windows 98 or Windows ME on it. So testing, debugging, analysing is not yet possible. We are eagerly looking for a way to investigate this. I have hope that we will find a PC that we can use for some time. However this will require more time than a simple bugfix. We do our outmost, but not more than that

#40789 - 10/31/04 06:50 AM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
fmlk4u Offline

One other remark because I notice some musinderstanding:
Formatting an SD Card on the PC is not making the SD Card recognized by SDExplorer
and error: can not open KN7000 file structure H:\: Access is denied." pops up.
But when you put this card into the KN7 you won't see folders and song info.

Please try the following: Insert you SDCard in the Reader, Cancel the optional pop-up window.
Now initiolize the SD Card via the Start menu (Start... KN7000 SDExplorer...Initialize KN7000 SD Card)

Now try again opening SDExplorer. You should have the program started with empty folder and song panes. Now you can 'build up' the SD Card via importing songs, creating/importing folders, etc.
Another way to handle a new SD Card or Windows formatted card: restore an sdb to the Card.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#40790 - 11/01/04 06:28 AM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
clover_kid Offline

Loc: New Port Richey, FL USA
Fred:

I really would like to get this software to work, but I have had many problems. a few comments follow.

1) Need to determine the "position" of the card BEFORE installing software. This should be selectable/changable at any time without removing reintaliing. In fact, it should be automatic.

2) Designation of drive letter does not accept the trailing ":", even though it is displayed. an error message will pop up, drive not found.

3) Extrememly limited "test" of software. after moving 2 files, I was told that testing had been exceeded!

4) Poor interface with Pay pal resulting in problems paying. Keeps getting error messages that "you must be logged in"..maybe not your problem but I've never had this problem with paypal before.

I wish you luck and await the bug fixes for this software.

Bill

#40791 - 11/01/04 03:22 PM Re: SD Explorer Demo Error
fmlk4u Offline

Hello Bill,

Some reply here.

Regarding the automatic drive letter search: when you have multiple USB devices connected, like multi-slot cardreader, like me, and a USB stick, then windows decides which driveletter for "which removable disk". Normaliter you have always the same drive letter for the SD Card. If after installing of the software it appears that the driveletter was wrong during the install and that it must be e.g. drive G: then you can easily make it work by deleting the shortcut and make a new shortcut with command line:
"C:\Program Files\KN7000\SDExplorer\SDExplorer.exe" G:

Regarding the limited use of the demo: what you say is not true: the demo allows 10 actions, so you can move a folder, rename a song, import some songs, export some, add a folder, rename a folder. And by that time you will get the message.

Here is a test I did for you again:
I install the software and left all settings to default, so the drive letter for the SD Card is E: However with my multi-slot reader the SD Card slot has driveletter K:
Now, when I insert the SD Card into the reader the dialog "What do you want Windows to do?" appears for my SD Card drive K: I select "Explorer KN7000 SD Card using KN7000 SDExplorer" and the programs starts without problem showing the contents of the card.
Now I close the program and double-click the shortcut on the desktop and get the error "Can not open KN7000 file structure E:\: The system cannot find the path specified". So I deleted the shortcut that was created during install (msi routine) and created a new shortcut with commandline:
"C:\Program Files\KN7000\SDExplorer\SDExplorer.exe" k:

Double click on it opens the tool nicely.

You talk about bugs, which are not relaly bugs but Windows behavior.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online