SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#405032 - 07/17/15 04:48 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: Dnj]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
I enjoyed your pics of the changes! I have a Psr S 710 and wanted it to tilt up, since I am very short so I bought 2 rubber door stops and mounted them at the back of my x stand. This added about 1/1half inches. the door stops are fastened to the stand with straps like the police use for handcuffs, only short ones! This works for me! Thanks for your pictures, I am sure many will follow your idea! Maybe some will experiment with their situation!

#405033 - 07/17/15 05:09 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Keith W. Bailey
I enjoyed your pics of the changes! I have a Psr S 710 and wanted it to tilt up, since I am very short so I bought 2 rubber door stops and mounted them at the back of my x stand. This added about 1/1half inches. the door stops are fastened to the stand with straps like the police use for handcuffs, only short ones! This works for me! Thanks for your pictures, I am sure many will follow your idea! Maybe some will experiment with their situation!

I actually tried that a whole back but in traveling around the door stops kept rotating around the pole not very secure...
but good luck with it. I forgot to mention the whole project cost me $9.00 US.. wink

Edited by Dnj (07/17/15 05:11 AM)

#405035 - 07/17/15 05:23 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
[quote=Dnj]No way am I sitting higher I have to be comfortable after
50 years of playing

Donny
Don't get so defensive , I was only half kidding. seriously though since you feature your voice wouldn't being a bit mor upright free up your breathing better?
You certainly know what's best for you but maybe give it a try at home and see if you can't project easier.

#405037 - 07/17/15 05:28 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
[quote=Dnj]No way am I sitting higher I have to be comfortable after
50 years of playing

Donny
Don't get so defensive , I was only half kidding. seriously though since you feature your voice wouldn't being a bit mor upright free up your breathing better?
You certainly know what's best for you but maybe give it a try at home and see if you can't project easier.

Bill no problem singing at all sitting when playing KB,....
I love sitting low in the pocket ....don't know how many of you guys sit so high?.....your arms should be horizontal to the KB not slanted down IMO...
it works for me, whatever makes a player comfy ...I stood for year playing but not anymore gigs are too long for that..especially two 4 hr doubles !

#405038 - 07/17/15 06:39 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

All Done, .....will take it out for a first test run on today's job.
preliminary tests so far are very good, display is much easier to read now at this angle. cool2 ......fingers crossed! keys

Attachments
5555.jpg

Edited by Dnj (07/17/15 06:40 AM)

#405042 - 07/17/15 07:53 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................? [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - nice solution! Looks good, and seems it'll adjust the keyboard angle just right for your needs. I use the "doorstop" method, thanks to having read about it here, for the PSR-900 that I keep up North for when I visit family up there (Boston area). What you've done here looks like a great way to solve this issue of back-of-keyboard height and screen readability!

-Jim

#405043 - 07/17/15 08:02 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................? [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
Hi - nice solution! Looks good, and seems it'll adjust the keyboard angle just right for your needs. I use the "doorstop" method, thanks to having read about it here, for the PSR-900 that I keep up North for when I visit family up there (Boston area). What you've done here looks like a great way to solve this issue of back-of-keyboard height and screen readability!

-Jim

Thanx Jim,...they sell all the parts, adapters, etc, in the
Plumbing PVC pipe section of Lowes or Home depot...rubber caps on hardware, & a can of krylon semi-flat black spray paint!

#405044 - 07/17/15 08:06 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I'm proud to say that I taught DNJ almost everything about gadgetry he knows. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

First thought that came to mind Professor Gary has had a good influence on DNJ. Thank God for old ladies using walkers too! smile

Nice job Donny!

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/17/15 08:08 AM)

#405045 - 07/17/15 08:06 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Donny go for the Record 3 different keyboards in 1 week get a T 5 and your problems are over .

#405046 - 07/17/15 08:09 AM Re: Dnj McGiver........................ [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Donny go for the Record 3 different keyboards in 1 week get a T 5 and your problems are over .

As my Uncle dave would say...."TYROS 5 is a mute KB = no sale for my needs'

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online