SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#403476 - 06/15/15 12:38 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Looks like the new model is out. I don't see any of the great new features from the list on the first note of this thread - here is a link:

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/cvp_series/cvp-709/

#403484 - 06/15/15 06:32 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Internal memory only 6+ MB?

#403507 - 06/16/15 10:11 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: jimlaing]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
Looks like the new model is out. I don't see any of the great new features from the list on the first note of this thread - here is a link:

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/cvp_series/cvp-709/

Very dissapointed indeed..

Seems a confirmation to me, that Yamaha is still having problems getting their technollogy level to the next level..

One huge surprise however, for the first time ever, Yamaha is not only having a Yamaha grand onboard, but also a Boesendorfer...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#403511 - 06/16/15 11:36 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Comparisson chart with previous model

Just look at this table comparing it to the 609.... the difference.. 13 new VRM voices (yamahas new virtuall piano engine) and 30 audio styles, thats about it, while the number of SA2 voices dropped from 30 to 22....

I see nothing but a few minor differences, it should have been named the CVP 609 plus...

#403513 - 06/16/15 12:14 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

More audio styles? Yuk!!!

#403516 - 06/16/15 12:36 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

I guess they are the same ones we seen in T5 and psr s950

#403519 - 06/16/15 12:47 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I guess they are the same ones we seen in T5 and psr s950

I for one never use them at all......starting to wonder if Yamaha is listening to us anymore or is the next wave of arrangers gonna be a big disappointing REHASH of some kind...
Please say it ain't so mad !!!?

#403520 - 06/16/15 01:00 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"starting to wonder if Yamaha is listening to us anymore or is the next wave of arrangers gonna be a big disappointing REHASH of some kind."

Why would this time be any different? smile
I actually love some of the Yamaha audio drum styles (that's what they are, all other instruments are midi). The problem is that many of them are too song-specific to be of general use. At least on the S950. I haven't paid any attention to the bigger number of them on Tyros 5.
I used the audio acoustic jazz and swing styles a lot. One downside is they make the traditional Yamaha drum kits sound really bad in comparison.
Nothing at all wrong with midi drums. I just wish Yamaha would put better ones in their arrangers. They certainly have them in the synths!
Fire away. I can take it! smile

#403521 - 06/16/15 01:05 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
"starting to wonder if Yamaha is listening to us anymore or is the next wave of arrangers gonna be a big disappointing REHASH of some kind."

Why would this time be any different? smile
I actually love some of the Yamaha audio drum styles (that's what they are, all other instruments are midi). The problem is that many of them are too song-specific to be of general use. At least on the S950. I haven't paid any attention to the bigger number of them on Tyros 5.
I used the audio acoustic jazz and swing styles a lot. One downside is they make the traditional Yamaha drum kits sound really bad in comparison.
Nothing at all wrong with midi drums. I just wish Yamaha would put better ones in their arrangers. They certainly have them in the synths!
Fire away. I can take it! smile

Don once you play & hear those SD7 drums on your NEW Ketron unit drums Yamaha's will be a thing of the past....just sayin' ;-)

Edited by Dnj (06/16/15 01:10 PM)

#403523 - 06/16/15 01:14 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It has been a thing of the past for a number of years now, set aside a short time with the S950. I love the Korg drums too. And Rolands were good.
But let's be honest, ALL the current arrangers are great! If Yamaha were the only one around, I would have no problem happily playing one for whatever is left of my career.
However, for me and my particular situation and desires, there are several better choices.
I'm going to hate to part with my Korg PA900 because they got a lot of things right with it. Hoping the SD7 will no more things righter! smile

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online