SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#40262 - 01/14/04 02:26 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fran,
don't talk about cars. I lost count at 20.
At one stage he had 3 to my 1
I had my little run around shopping car.
He had 3 utes. Not sure if you have these in the USA as some of the U.S.A tourists ( he works doing building maintenance & project management in Darling Harbour, one of the Sydney Olympic Venues)seem to be fascinated by these vehicles, sort of like your pick up trucks but only the size of a family sedan. Usually just a 2 or 3 seater.

Anyway he had his normal work ute, then he had a work ute for his employees to use on site. then he had his favourite bright red v8 holden maloo ute with it's 35?? something specially modified motor. This ute
sat in the garage all week, was brought out on weekends to be washed, then put back in the garage, or, if he was going somewhere , where the vehicle was not going to be left unattended, he'd go in it ( and I thought I was nuts) haahaa He finally sold it 5 years back, when we moved to a house that didn't have a garage. Couldn't stand the thought of it being left out in the open, plus he was worried it might get stolen ( they were a prime target for car theives, because of their speed and rarity.
So he had his cars, I had my keyboards.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
[If I can get another 4 or 5 years out of this 7000 before a major breakdown it is money well spent for the enjoyment it has given me. Wish I could say the same for the cars and boats I have owned.

Fran in Florida [/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#40263 - 01/15/04 01:14 AM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
He had 3 utes. Not sure if you have these in the USA ... sort of like your pick up trucks but only the size of a family sedan. Usually just a 2 or 3 seater.

In the US the Chevrolet El Camino was the only "ute" that was made over the years. It was a very cool car but is no longer made although I still see quite a few of them around LA.

#40264 - 01/15/04 07:22 AM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Maybe we need this one now when we have to
hurry around to get hands on the rest of the
KN's
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#40265 - 01/15/04 12:35 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
must admit I'd never really noticed that one didn't see utes in USA movies. Wasn't till hubby came home one day , saying that a US tourist was busy snapping photo's of his ute. His latest Ford ute has an aluminum tray with sides, instead of the normal ute back. Really freaked the fellow out when he pressed a button and the tray started to lift. It's a mini Tipper ( tip truck?)
So handy for builders.

They're great for carrying keyboards. When we used to go on holidays , I'd pack the kn back into it's box, and load up the ute with suitcases, dog baskets, hubby's wheel chair etc etc Couldn't have fitted all that stuff in a normal size family car. One drawback was that you couldn't leave the ute unattended, but they have a water proof cover called a tarp, so no one would really know what was hidden underneath. I actually drove one for a few years too.

Now that I've got an Audi A4. Had to leave the KN behind ( no space) when we went away at xmas . Could have left hubby behind, but , he's the main driver on long trips ( haahaa) eek hope he doesn't read this.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#40266 - 01/16/04 03:20 AM Re: No More Technics (continued)
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I know many of us are disappointed and possibly angry with Technics and what they are doing-----But there is also another view.

Thank you Technics, you gave us an instrument that allowed is to enjoy our music and this forum and the people we have met here. I feel you made the best, and for that I thank you.

John C.

#40267 - 01/16/04 03:22 AM Re: No More Technics (continued)
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I know many of us are disappointed and possibly angry with Technics and what they are doing-----But there is also another view.

Thank you Technics, you gave us an instrument that allowed is to enjoy our music and this forum and the people we have met here. I feel you made the best, and for that I thank you.

John C.

#40268 - 01/16/04 09:06 AM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
You're right bruno, we most not forget all
the joy and happiness Technics instruments
have brought to us, and still do.
I'm sure if it was no Technics it would have
been another brand, but so far I've not seen
any of the other brands that reach up to the
userfriendlyness of Technics KNs, at least
not regarding to the way I use it.
Guess the other brands now have a challenge
to compete about who of us going to be the new
customers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online