SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#402605 - 05/20/15 08:26 AM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

The keyboard is actually a medeli D1000 or a Fame G2000 that sells in the standard comfiguration at musik store for €269 and yes, it has a huge multi touch screen..

Just wondereing how much of those sounds got changed?

And even tough they might have added some great sounds, i fear the keybed at such a price makes them much less fun to play.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#402610 - 05/20/15 08:50 AM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: john smies]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, the keyboard really sounds good. What is bad about the keybed? If it has a light touch, similar to the Yamaha PSR series, I'm all for it. I don't want, or enjoy weighted keybeds. I bet DNJ would like that big, touch screen display, too. I wonder if they are available in the USA?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402612 - 05/20/15 09:05 AM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Actually, the keyboard really sounds good. What is bad about the keybed? If it has a light touch, similar to the Yamaha PSR series, I'm all for it. I don't want, or enjoy weighted keybeds. I bet DNJ would like that big, touch screen display, too. I wonder if they are available in the USA?

Gary cool

Listen close personally it sounds like an early 80's Casio IMO rolleyes they could of at least had a professional demonstrator also......love the big display but sorry not interested. Thanx for the link always nice to see what's on the market.
Like I said earlier I'm in a Happy holding pattern & until I see & hear what I NEED I won't make a move at this time.
This is the NEW DNJ my friends....carry on wink

#402615 - 05/20/15 11:14 AM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Gary cool

Listen close personally it sounds like an early 80's Casio IMO rolleyes they could of at least had a professional demonstrator also......love the big display but sorry not interested. Thanx for the link always nice to see what's on the market.
Like I said earlier I'm in a Happy holding pattern & until I see & hear what I NEED I won't make a move at this time.

This is not the demo of the Deebach arranger, but just of the original keyboard that serves as the hardware bodywork. Of course the sounds are completely exchanged, so the demo tells nothing about the Deebach. He explained in the Musikmesse video that his sounds are implemented in hardware chips, so the interior is obviously totally different to this low-range keyboard.
But as false conclusions are drawn so quickly, it is obviously bad marketing to choose such a cheap keyboard as a hardware/bodywork platform...

Edited by rosetree (05/20/15 11:17 AM)

#402624 - 05/20/15 04:41 PM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: john smies]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If I were able to understand German, the vid would have made a lot more sense. But, since I only know an inkling of German, I had to make some assumptions, which the entire world knows what that means. (Benny Hill described it perfectly.) wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402629 - 05/20/15 09:57 PM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Gary cool

This is not the demo of the Deebach arranger, but just of the original keyboard that serves as the hardware bodywork. Of course the sounds are completely exchanged, so the demo tells nothing about the Deebach. He explained in the Musikmesse video that his sounds are implemented in hardware chips, so the interior is obviously totally different to this low-range keyboard.
But as false conclusions are drawn so quickly, it is obviously bad marketing to choose such a cheap keyboard as a hardware/bodywork platform...

Thats where the money is, they buy a €200 keyboard, ad their sounds and sell it for €800... and people still think its a bargain at €800.

For me its only an indication about how cheap todays hardware is... even the totl arranger parts are obvously in the same pricerange.. thats probably the single reason they all stick with this kind of hardware, because its cheap and they can make a lot of money on the hardware..

(software development is where the costs are, but both at Korg and Yamaha those teams have been reduced greatly over the years)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#402854 - 05/27/15 03:01 PM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

After watching parts of the Deebach Max video again, the following things are still noteworthy:
- As Deebach says, the Max contains most high-quality sounds of the former "Deebach XMS expansion" for Korg arrangers.
- The filters and envelopes are implemented as hardware chips, not just as software (which means it is not just a Medeli with different software).

On the Deebach Facebook page I found the information that the Max now contains over 4,000 sounds (and over 20,000 individual samples - which doesn't mean much unless you know whether this number refers to key banks or total waveforms. Example: One grand piano, e.g. the Roland SRX 11, can contain 700 individual samples, if you count every single sample per key and velocity layer).
Furthermore, several followers remark that the Medeli hardware is a bit shameful and asked about a Deebach MODULE instead of a keyboard. Deebach's answer is that a module IS being discussed with possible hardware manufacturers. That would indeed be interesting.

Edited by rosetree (05/27/15 03:14 PM)

#402881 - 05/27/15 09:45 PM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: john smies]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: john smies

Hi John,

I want to thank you for this post, but what I say here won’t mean a hill of beans to anyone but me.

I couldn’t access the video, but I went to a friend’s house and downloaded and listened to…….

DEEBACH XMS-Pro für KORG PAx-GM Demo Blasmusik.mp3

I love the sound of that keyboard, mostly because it reminds me of my days of playing European music (in Europe), especially the Bierkellar stuff. That’s where my heart lies when it comes to playing. The music is just so happy and that’s what I think music should be about……bringing that happiness into someone’s soul.

I wish there was a market for that type of music here, but I also wish I would win England’s National Lottery. Unfortunately, neither one is going to happen.

Please keep me/us posted on this keyboard. I’m going to go down to the library and see what it looks like and try and read about it.

Mark

#402913 - 05/28/15 11:36 AM Re: New Total Arranger from Germany with budget price [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

I quite like the Blasmusik demo, too. It is arranged in every detail. The sounds are relatively good, too, I can imagine that these brass sounds were better than the factory brass sounds of many Korg arrangers, so it made sense as an expansion (or software sound substitution). However, I think brass sounds of the Roland SRX 10 or of a MoXF with the adequate flash libraries are still more realistic.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online