Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#40161 - 01/21/05 01:07 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Khai Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Dear Khai
There's an interesting course at The University Of Queensland according to the web site called: Humanities, Social science, Education and Arts - have a look at it sometime will you while you are there...

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been involved in a number of ways at those schools and faculties. So, what is your point?

Khai

#40162 - 01/21/05 01:13 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Khai Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Meyer:
A while back I wrote:
"I do believe that there is a new Khai posting on the forum -------".

I do believe I have to take that statement back. All I see is a lot of verbose gibberish with no action.

Good! Give us some really helpful and meaningful actions at the Synth Zone, Walt, if you are not after constructive contributions.

Khai

#40163 - 01/21/05 01:45 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Khai Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lynch:
Bill Forrest I know asked you to send him something you have played on one of your many instruments, and he will send it out, you have not taken advantage of this kind offer.
Do you not wish to comment!!

Would you also not bother to "take advantage of this kind offer" that is the TAMMY project?

Please do not claim that I continue to ignore an offer when others are not willing to reciprocate and accept my offer, which I have put forward with sincerity and considerable thought and latitude.

[This message has been edited by Khai (edited 01-21-2005).]

#40164 - 01/21/05 02:49 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#40165 - 01/21/05 03:03 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Khai Offline

Thanks for spicing up the thread with animated graphics.

------------------
Khai

#40166 - 01/21/05 04:18 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Khia.
A firm answer if possible,this is the third time of asking.

Hi Khia. I asked.
Other members have their own websites. Can you not create your own!!.
Bill Forrest I know asked you to send him something you have played on one of your many instruments, and he will send it out, you have not taken advantage of this kind offer.
Do you not wish to comment!!
If you do send Bill one of your compositions
A Technics would be the best instrument to use. You do have one!. I have seen. This post is not meant to be rude in anyway. I would simply like to hear you play, not with your friend, who you work with, just you on your own.
Sincerely.
Joe.

#40167 - 01/21/05 04:38 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Khai Offline

Dear Joe,

If you still think that what you have repeatedly asked for an answer is really the crux of the issue, then you are sorely missing the whole point. Please go and read my fifth, eighth and thirteenth posts of this thread as well as the opening post of the thread "Collective Music Making on a Theme" with greater understanding and open-mindedness. Also, read my other posts and threads as correlations if necessary. They contain not only the answers that you are seeking but also a range of far more important issues, in which you will sooner or later begin to show an interest, as I sincerely hope so!

There is simply no comparison between the importance and benefit of the implementation and avaiability of the website that I propose, and your wish to listen to my musical works, as flattered as I am by your explicit and repeated request. As I already stated with clarity before, the project is meant to become a platform invested with far more global, participatory, heuristic and long-term goals than just the mere whim or desire of a person wanting to set up his or her own website from scratch for people to know his or her music. Hence, the project should be implemented at an already well-known and established site, with the enticement of the availability of a large number of contributions by many people, as well as the excitement of a far greater exposure of the posted musical works to a large public. Therefore, I (and I wish that you too will) give such a project (whether it has been proposed by me or someone else) a higher priority over my own music or yours.

Thank you.

#40168 - 01/21/05 08:20 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
There once was a fellow named Khai
Who wrote lots of " Pie in the Sky"
But when asked to Perform
Treat the question with scorn
And with rather a petulant Sigh .
( Apologies to Edward Lear )

Quote:
Originally posted by Khai:
Dear Joe,

If you still think that what you have repeatedly asked for an answer is really the crux of the issue, then you are sorely missing the whole point. Please go and read my fifth, eighth and thirteenth posts of this thread as well as the opening post of the thread "Collective Music Making on a Theme" with greater understanding and open-mindedness. Also, read my other posts and threads as correlations if necessary. They contain not only the answers that you are seeking but also a range of far more important issues, in which you will sooner or later begin to show an interest, as I sincerely hope so!

There is simply no comparison between the importance and benefit of the implementation and avaiability of the website that I propose, and your wish to listen to my musical works, as flattered as I am by your explicit and repeated request. As I already stated with clarity before, the project is meant to become a platform invested with far more global, participatory, heuristic and long-term goals than just the mere whim or desire of a person wanting to set up his or her own website from scratch for people to know his or her music. Hence, the project should be implemented at an already well-known and established site, with the enticement of the availability of a large number of contributions by many people, as well as the excitement of a far greater exposure of the posted musical works to a large public. Therefore, I (and I wish that you too will) give such a project (whether it has been proposed by me or someone else) a higher priority over my own music or yours.

Thank you.

#40169 - 01/21/05 08:33 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Khai Offline

The proof is in the pudding, and all good things come to those who wait with patience and understanding.

------------------
Khai

#40170 - 01/21/05 09:13 PM Re: TAMMY: Inspired Variations
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

Excuse me Khai,

but is there just a tiny tiny little chance or a possibility that you ever will
be able to answer any questions just as simple as they are asked?
Several questions are asked in a way that you easily could answer yes or no, or
am I wrong? As a example: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002926.html

I'm sorry to say that due to my limited knowledge of the foreign languages, in
this case English, have problems to understand your way of writing and also your
(sort of speak / as I see it) kind of "indelicate manners" here at SZ.
I don't mean to say that you are a rude person, believe me, but you make me feel
that you're looking down to other people from someplace high abowe, or maybe the
right word for what I mean are haughtiness?
Also I can see that there are several members here who get a similiar reaction to
it and who also try to tell you, but you just (deliberately?) carry on the same
way.
As far as I know, English are the native language for many of the members who post
about it, and it make me feel that maybe my understanding of it is not at all as
wrong as I thought at first.

To me it seems like you're trying to make some "hullabaloo" here, and that you are
(more or less) perfectly aware of it.
In a earlier tread there was speaking of horses, please, why not just try to climb
down off of your high horse, and get real, at least try to write in a way so maybe
a simple guy like me (without any university education) can understand it.

Happy playing and posting.
GJ

Btw, in the same tread linked earlier in this post, you wrote:
QUOTE: "..You can see that there have been enough misunderstandings and assumptions
going on..." END QUOTE.

Hmmm... wondering what medicine to cure that impression, maybe a little humbleness,
and also the fact that it is not nessesary to always have the last word in a tread
or discussion?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online