SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53877 - 01/20/05 06:42 PM Convert to .wav
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi I am asking you if is it possible to convert WMA to .Wav
Because they are many songs in wma that I would like to save on a CD so I can ear it on my sound system instead of my PC.Before we (the members)use to listen in the sequencer mode on the keyboard Thanks

#53878 - 01/21/05 05:02 AM Re: Convert to .wav
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
There are probably several Sound Editing programs which you can use to convert the file format from WMA to WAV. The one I use is called GoldWave - a very versatile editor. You can download a trial version free from www.goldwave.com
Load the WMA format file and then save it in the new WAV format. However, converting a file from a compressed format such as WMA or MP3, to WAV format, will not restore the quality of the original WAV file, since some of the content of the original file is lost, during the compression process.
Having said this, the 'converted' WAV file should not sound any worse than the WMA file, from which it has been converted.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#53879 - 01/21/05 06:11 AM Re: Convert to .wav
technicsplayer Offline

just drag the wma to the audio cd window in eg nero or roxio, done automatically.

#53880 - 01/21/05 01:15 PM Re: Convert to .wav
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi ALEX
Thats another 'GOLD STAR'
I wonder how many on this forum still haven't got your book, perhaps it's time for a reprint.

Regards
Peter B.

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
just drag the wma to the audio cd window in eg nero or roxio, done automatically.

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 01-21-2005).]

#53881 - 01/22/05 11:39 AM Re: Convert to .wav
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi Thanks for your reply it help me.I use Media Player and burn to Roxio (nero)and it work good.I try Goldwave but I did not how to work with it Can you tell me what is the book? Thanks again for your help Howard

------------------

#53882 - 01/22/05 03:17 PM Re: Convert to .wav
technicsplayer Offline

if you register at the yahoo 7000 forum http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000/
in the files section is a zip file of a musical slideshow you can download, unzip to a floppy disk, and play on the KN7000 with more detail information in screen.

#53883 - 01/23/05 12:18 AM Re: Convert to .wav
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
Yes folks, I'm back and in recovery mode.

Another answer for this topic is a freeware program available from www.cnet.com called 'Power MP3 WMA Converter'. This allows you to convert audio files between WMA / WAV and MP3 and, believe me, the rsults are 100% assuming that you've used a package such as Nero to make the original recording. Said package, if used, can then 'burn' your CD ready for the stereo system.

By the way, for UK members, if you want cheap but quality blank CD-Rs try your local Toys'R'Us. Unusual, but extremely cheap...

Thanks to all who've sent emails about my time in Asia. They were well received and all I can say is THANKS!

Regards,

Luce

[This message has been edited by Mark, Michie & Luce (edited 01-23-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online