SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17 >
Topic Options
#401589 - 04/20/15 08:49 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, from the way I see it the only thing the SD7 would do is add nearly 15 pounds to the keyboard weight, plus audio drums. You can do all the other stuff with the S-950 and a laptop. Oh, the one thing I left out, you can then sell your S-950 for about $1,000 and add another $2,000 of debt burden. How many jobs does it take to make sufficient net profit to cover another $2,000? Of course, the other questions I always ask myself when considering a new piece of gear: Will this new gear really improve what I do every day to the point where it will generate more jobs, more income, more anything? Most of the time the answer is NO!

When I purchased that first Bose L1 system I asked myself those same questions. The Bose systems allow me to play larger jobs, while at the same time decrease my equipment weight by a substantial margin. Two positives there.

When I upgraded from the PSR-3000 to the S-950, the primary reason was OS versatility, especially with the ability to access style files directly from the USB drive and utilize the MFD from the USB. Additionally, if necessary, I could also play MP3s and link them directly to registrations. On top of everything else, because I primarily play live, the additional voices and styles, plus live drums, really put this in the must have category. Consequently, it made live performances a lot easier and the transition from song to song was much smoother. This was noticed by some of the club owners in the Florida Keys and generated more jobs because I was not fumbling with an I-pad between songs like so many of the other players down there and kept the music flowing for the crowds. That put a lot of checkmarks in the plus column for the S-950.

So, I already have the ability to mix it up on stage, same as you, but the load is lighter, and I've $2,000 to piss away sailing Chesapeake Bay this summer. And, I don't have to learn another operating system.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/20/15 08:51 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401594 - 04/20/15 09:31 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Isn't it true that we only need to justify our personal choices to ourselves? Or has that changed? Why do we always assume that OUR choices are the RIGHT choices for everybody else? Seems to be a habit of musicians and religious zealots. My Notebook is better than your Netbook than your Ipad than your stupid stack of paper charts.....who gives a crap what somebody else prefers as long as it works for them (unless they specifically asked for your opinion or recommendation). JMO.

chas

#401595 - 04/20/15 09:35 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Isn't it true that we only need to justify our personal choices to ourselves? Or has that changed? Why do we always assume that OUR choices are the RIGHT choices for everybody else? Seems to be a habit of musicians and religious zealots. My Notebook is better than your Netbook than your Ipad than your stupid stack of paper charts.....who gives a crap what somebody else prefers as long as it works for them (unless they specifically asked for your opinion or recommendation). JMO.

chas

There is no such thing as a wrong choice in current day instruments, there is no such things as a best choice, but as long as i am happy, i made the right choice...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401596 - 04/20/15 10:01 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, you are ALWAYS wrong - and I am ALWAYS right, or is it the other way around. Who gives a crap! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401615 - 04/21/15 12:04 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
If the current owners of the MJPro express their hope that the SD7's styles are compatible with their modules, then the SD7 CANNOT simply be an arranger version of the module as speculated.
Plus it has audio drums on all styles. This IS a new development on the SD range.

Henni

#401616 - 04/21/15 12:36 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Also,

This IS a new thread from AJ on announcing a new Ketron product. Let's keep to topic & not promote our current favourite product over here.

Henni

#401623 - 04/21/15 05:25 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Hopefully AJ will give us more info and more demos soon. It looks interesting enough and different. We will see soon enough. I do wish it didn't have speakers .
Is it really worth $3000?? Maybe, why not. It already has more audio drums than t5 will ever have.And they do sound much better than once on T5.Is it expandable with new audio drums??

If it's more reliable than when Aydia came out this will be a really nice keyboard.
I do congratulate Ketron for pushing things forward and not staying in the same place over and over . Hopefully they will get better with customer service and more reliable product.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#401627 - 04/21/15 09:39 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've been talking to AJ, and getting pretty excited about the SD7. We are discussing having a workshop in my area, maybe in the next month or so. Stay tuned!! smile

#401628 - 04/21/15 10:14 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I've been talking to AJ, and getting pretty excited about the SD7. We are discussing having a workshop in my area, maybe in the next month or so. Stay tuned!! smile

Don, we know you secretly work for Ketron (and probably talked Russ into doing that killer B3 demo).

smile

chas

#401631 - 04/21/15 11:04 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
SSHHHHHHH! wink

Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online