SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >
Topic Options
#401707 - 04/23/15 09:23 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: leezone]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
Ye, drums are great of course, nothing new really for me being an Audya 5 owner,
actually less as SD7 omits the audio guitars, audio bass guitars

upgrade my Audya 5 with a touchscreen, much more RAM, SSD, super fast CPU, new OS, more RH sounds, let us add our own audio guitars, make it lighter, and THEN we are talking advancement in the Arranger world!!!

There is one important thing we learn from the SD7, touchscreens work well for arrangers... Now lets tell that to Yamaha..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401708 - 04/23/15 09:53 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Spalding, I'm with you on this one. I believe arranger keyboards may have hit their pinnacle, or at least they are very close to it. As an entertainer, there's really not much more I can ask of the keyboard that has not already been provided.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401709 - 04/23/15 09:54 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: leezone]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: leezone

upgrade my Audya 5 with a touchscreen, much more RAM, SSD, super fast CPU, new OS, more RH sounds, let us add our own audio guitars, make it lighter, and THEN we are talking advancement in the Arranger world!!!

For Yamaha, that would be at least three generations of Tyros's smile smile. Tyros 8, anyone?

chas

#401710 - 04/23/15 09:55 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Be nice, Chas. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401713 - 04/23/15 10:10 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
leezone Offline

all the arranger world needs now is a "MODERN" Updated AUDYA 5
nothing more

#401726 - 04/24/15 01:27 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I don't believe for a second that arrangers have reached their pinnacle. I think we are only getting started. I'm sure we'll continue being amazed by all the new sounds & features headed our way & I'm really looking forward to all of this.

Henni

#401728 - 04/24/15 04:00 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
I don't believe for a second that arrangers have reached their pinnacle. I think we are only getting started. I'm sure we'll continue being amazed by all the new sounds & features headed our way & I'm really looking forward to all of this.

Henni

You could be very very dssapointed.. Innovation left this buiseness some time ago...

When you want innovation, its not in the hardware world where you should be looking..

There are things like Max for Live and Usine... Or VIP, komplete kontroll, Push that make a bridge between hardware and software...

Its not only arrangers, but all of the hardware keyboard market that grew stale...

Currently the only company trying new things is Roland... But they left workstations and arrangers far behind...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401730 - 04/24/15 05:09 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Actually, electronic keyboards seem to be going back to their roots, which explains the recent hardware modular synthesizers like Moog 55 and Roland's System M1. Also, there's a plethora of VST's emulating early analog synths, vintage combo organs and electric pianos which seem to appeal to the younger users who missed out on their hardware counterparts.

I can see "live" analog control being added to more arrangers, like filter cutoff and ADSR generators, if its inclusion on lower priced arrangers (Yamaha's PSRE-series e.g.) is any indication.

I can definitely see Gary's point, especially since the several year old arranger I presently use could fulfill my needs well into the future, hardware failure limitations being the only issue. Styles and sounds are editable so keeping it fresh is just a matter of digging in and doing some programming.

I think of it this way...do I really need something that allegedly surpasses the instrument I have now, or am I just buying to get something different and to satisfy my inner acquisition urge?

What can't I do with my current instrument that I need to do on a new one? Are the new sounds, timbres that I will actually use, or do they just make impressive listening?

Are the extra functions/features on the new instruments really that necessary, or, am I only concerned with making one or two things relatively easier, even though I’m managing to get by quite nicely with a comparatively painless workaround?

So far, nothing new (arranger-wise) has remotely impressed me, and I'm kinda glad, as the money can be used for other pursuits, and the time I'd otherwise spend learning a new (and perhaps even more complicated) operating system might be far better spent either fully utilizing the present one or, improving my playing skills.

Ian

#401731 - 04/24/15 05:17 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
that just about sums it all up for me Ian which is why I am still using my 10 year old beat up PA1X . The only true limitation to any Arranger keyboard made in the last 10 years is the creativity and enthusiasm of the owner.....

#401733 - 04/24/15 06:09 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: spalding1968]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Yamaha is doing anything but resting on it's laurels when it comes to innovation. Check out their transacoustic piano.

To a large corporation it probably makes more sense to put R&D money into something that sells for $15,000 or whatever compared to a Tyros or PSR series.

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online