SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#402386 - 05/13/15 09:14 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
I am completely satisfied with my Tyros 4s. However, I have always liked the overall sound of the Ketron keyboards and modules. I currently use a Ketron SD2 unit with Dan's vArranger - used it on a gig yesterday and got some nice comments from the audience. I got a phone call from AJ this morning and got a few questions answered. So we will see. The real problem for me would be styles. Sounds like the SD7 would not be backward compatible with the older Ketron styles and that might be a problem due to the kind of music I play which is most of the songs from the 1920s-1960s. If Don Mason holds another Jam in June I will drive over from Dallas with hope AJ will be there to demo the SD7. Regarding styles - if all of the manufactures jump on the Audio style train backward compatibility of styles might become an issue with all of them.

Deane

#402387 - 05/13/15 09:30 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
Sounds like the SD7 would not be backward compatible with the older Ketron styles and that might be a problem due to the kind of music I play which is most of the songs from the 1920s-1960s. Regarding styles - if all of the manufacturers jump on the Audio style train backward compatibility of styles might become an issue with all of them.
Deane

Deane thanx for the reply, ...all very valid points about the style compatibility...I didn't know you couldn't use everything from the Ketron style library in the new Sd7, etc,.. that could be a big problem unless most of the "NEW" style library & optional Ajamsonic super styles packagae can be substituted to replace the former to get the job done for a players song needs.
After all, the styles are the driving force in an arranger KB...
For some reason I thought you sold the vArranger?..that said there is still plenty of KB's and styles available out there to gig with for sure in many ways with many different arrangers.

take care

Edited by Dnj (05/13/15 09:31 AM)

#402388 - 05/13/15 10:01 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Deane, the SD7 is compatible with all older styles, just not Audya styles.

#402389 - 05/13/15 10:21 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Deane, the SD7 is compatible with all older styles, just not Audya styles. confused1

Now I'm confused

#402390 - 05/13/15 10:54 AM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Tonewheeldude Offline

To clarify the above, the SD7 and MidJay Pro both have an onboard style converter for previous Ketron models. I would suggest you download the Legacy Style Library for Audya as these have already been updated (there are several hundred styles in the library). When you load one of these files (.pat) to the SD7/MJ Pro it will convert it to a .kst file and works brilliantly on the SD7. I have tested MS through SD styles and they all work as though they were intended to use on the SD7 (anyone for DJ Samba?)

What you cannot do is take live audio .pat styles that are associated with Audio Drums and Live Guitars from the Audya and expect them to work on the SD7.

If you own a MidJay pro or SD7 your welcome to PM me and i'll send you the zip file with all the styles prepared to save you downloading them all. They are freely available on www.ketron.it

#402396 - 05/13/15 02:51 PM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Donny,
Latest info I have gotten about styles. SD7 should play all the SD series styles and the X series styles. AJ gave them a try after we spoke on the phone and got back to me. I don't want to post mis-information. Perhaps AJ will reply to these posts and let everyone know.

I'am about ready to jump in here. I have never owned a Ketron keyboard so why not. I did not get vArranger sold so I'll keep using it for certain gigs.

Deane

#402397 - 05/13/15 03:40 PM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Donny,
Latest info I have gotten about styles. SD7 should play all the SD series styles and the X series styles. AJ gave them a try after we spoke on the phone and got back to me. I don't want to post mis-information. Perhaps AJ will reply to these posts and let everyone know.

I'am about ready to jump in here. I have never owned a Ketron keyboard so why not. I did not get vArranger sold so I'll keep using it for certain gigs.

Deane

Deane You Da Man!!!! please keep us posted...
I'm hoping to hear great things!! keys

#402399 - 05/13/15 04:25 PM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Donny,
You know, a lot has been posted thru the years about various keyboards. I gig out a lot - often multiple times a day 4 or 5 days a week. After a while a person just gets bored with the same old sounds and music. Well, the music has to stay the same if you target a certain audience, but a person sure can add a different keyboard to make things interesting. After all, they are a write-off aren't they?

Deane

#402400 - 05/13/15 04:46 PM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Donny,
You know, a lot has been posted thru the years about various keyboards. I gig out a lot - often multiple times a day 4 or 5 days a week. After a while a person just gets bored with the same old sounds and music. Well, the music has to stay the same if you target a certain audience, but a person sure can add a different keyboard to make things interesting. After all, they are a write-off aren't they?

Deane

I hear ya Deane ...just "TOOLS" of the trade.. wink

#402405 - 05/13/15 09:44 PM Re: It's finally here ... the new KETRON SD7 !!! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
To clarify the above, the SD7 and MidJay Pro both have an onboard style converter for previous Ketron models. I would suggest you download the Legacy Style Library for Audya as these have already been updated (there are several hundred styles in the library). When you load one of these files (.pat) to the SD7/MJ Pro it will convert it to a .kst file and works brilliantly on the SD7. I have tested MS through SD styles and they all work as though they were intended to use on the SD7 (anyone for DJ Samba?)

What you cannot do is take live audio .pat styles that are associated with Audio Drums and Live Guitars from the Audya and expect them to work on the SD7.

If you own a MidJay pro or SD7 your welcome to PM me and i'll send you the zip file with all the styles prepared to save you downloading them all. They are freely available on www.ketron.it

P.M. Sent. Thank you my friend!

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online