SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#401187 - 04/07/15 07:22 AM New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
For all you guys who are going Nano or Bose this new amp is really getting a lot of attention. Cheaper than the Nano or Bose and only 40 lbs. No stand needed as its reccomended to place it on the floor. The CPS Spacestaion V.3. Its an upgraded version of the Groovetubes Spacestation. The only place to order one is Sweetwater so far. They are swamped with backorders. Guys over at the Keyboard Corner forum are raving about it, 70+ pages of the thread so far and the few who have been able to get one love it. Not just for small gigs as there are guys in rock bands doing their Hammond, Piano and Synth keys with it. Throws stereo sound around a room like a Leslie does. Supposedly good for anything you put into it and no, don't use two, the stereo effect is best with just one. The FAQ section states that if you do want to use two use each one for a different feed IE: One for keyboard the other for vocals. It does have a sub out to beef it up if needed.
If nothing else its good reading for a rainy day.

Edited by Bill Lewis (04/07/15 07:26 AM)

#401188 - 04/07/15 07:33 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

#401189 - 04/07/15 08:16 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Sorry, memories the second thing to go.

Since I got my JBL's topics about amps didn't interest me but this one keeps popping up on Keyboard Corner so I gave it a look.

Edited by Bill Lewis (04/07/15 08:19 AM)

#401193 - 04/07/15 10:58 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bachus Offline

Just watch this video, it explains why...

Seems the technollogy indeed is very prommising for small live gigs...

But at home in my studio, i am allways in the sweetspot of my KrK's...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401200 - 04/07/15 02:00 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Very interesting, and if it wasn't nearly double the weight of my Bose L1 Compact, I might consider this system. I wonder what the coverage area and drop-off characteristics are?

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401202 - 04/07/15 03:03 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Gary and everyone

Again sorry for the repost of a discussed topic. I do remember this subject on the Forum but just glanced at it. The fact that it keeps coming up on the Keyboard Corner Forum is what got me to read more. No offense to anyone here but the guys over there are doing things that would require more from a system then most here. Cover bands, rock groups, etc. As I said guys are using this amp in bands and being heard clearly and saying it gives a great sound on leslie effects or phased Rhodes .
I'm a skeptic as anything this small can push that much sound but they swear by it. I'm sure you would need a small sub with it for an Arranger. The only thing I'm almost sure it won't do is push out vocals clearly being set on the floor as recommeded by the designer. Love to see/hear one in person. 40 lbs in a very compact box shape isn't too bad to move

#401205 - 04/07/15 05:59 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, one of the guys on the PSR-Tutorial forum recently purchased one and raves about the system. Hope to see one here sometime in the very near future.

Thanks,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401207 - 04/07/15 07:40 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Bill,

By coincidence, I was reading the review on this amp in Keyboard mag the other day. They gave it a "thumbs-up" also.

http://www.keyboardmag.com/may2015

Conclusion by reviewer as printed from the mag:

There are two distinctively striking things about the SSV3 for me that separate it from the pack. The first is that even though the unit was positioned behind me, the sound came from all around me and enveloped me. I've been trying to achieve something like that for years-setting cabinets in a V-shape behind me, putting one behind me and one in front of me, putting one next to me and one on the other side of the stage-but nothing else has come dose to delivering what I get out of the SSV3. The second, which I really like, is that because of the way that it processes and projects the sound, I can actually play at a stage volume that allows me to be heard in the audience, yet doesn't blow my ears out or make my band members angry at me. While I do not believe there is such a thing as a "Holy Grail" amp, as every one's tastes and situations are different, the SSV3 is as dose as I can recall getting to one, and certainly does stereo better than any single-cabinet solution I've ever used. I have a strong feeling there's a credit card charge I'm going to have to explain to my wife very shortly. -

$899 list
$749 street

centerpointstereo.com

Edited by Mark79100 (04/07/15 08:38 PM)

#401210 - 04/08/15 01:38 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Mark79100]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I've been following reviews on this amp as well and had an email exchange with Aspen Pittman.

The amp has only recently been available due to back orders.

Also, folks I've visited with that use the amp recommend a sub with it and it seems to me that a sub unit is used in the videos as well.

It appears a sub speaker is used with the V.3 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQA0XE5yuc

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (04/08/15 01:43 AM)

#401213 - 04/08/15 05:05 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Thanks for the link, didn't see that video. still leaves me with the question on vocal projection. I really have no need for anything new now but I'm definitely going to watch for more reviews from working musians.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online