SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#399114 - 02/04/15 08:50 AM Hey, Don M: Our Scion DIED!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Actually, it was KILLED by a woman on a cell phone in a mall parking lot. We were not moving. First estimate was OK....$10,000.00 and change. But the shop found a few more problems and the insurance company totaled it.

DAMN!

Don's 2006 Scion survived a bad wreck. Man, I wish mine had. We used the 2006 as a delivery car. Guitar Player called it the "perfect Gigmobile".

We replaced it with a 2014, but it's not the same vehicle. The later one is 2400 cc's instead of 1500...lot's bigger and less gas mileage. I think it's a Corolla frame with a big box body.

I Really liked that little car, and would often choose to drive it, instead of others we have.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (02/04/15 08:52 AM)

#399143 - 02/05/15 07:00 AM Re: Hey, Don M: Our Scion DIED! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My buddy has one which he bought strictly as a 'toad' (towed vehicle) for his motorhome. It is VERY popular in this circle and when I decided to check out a used one, I could hardly find one with less than 100k miles OR one that was 'bargain priced'. I rode in my buddys and loved it. His had 99,000 miles on it when he bought it and it looked and ran just like new. That really speaks well for it. I guess Toyota didn't listen to the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' advice. Anyway, with the larger engine, at least gas prices have dropped.

Anyway, if a woman on a cell phone had totaled mine in a mall shopping lot, there may have been another mall shooting smile smile.

chas

#402315 - 05/11/15 03:41 PM Re: Hey, Don M: Our Scion DIED! [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mine is still going strong with over 100k miles. My son owns it now. It it had been capable of towing my boat, I'd still be driving it!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online