SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#401984 - 05/04/15 05:03 AM I miss the old days! On here
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I miss the old day's. Before Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.

Most of the people that I used to talk too on here. Are long gone, and moved on to other things.

It seems as if these old Forums, and BBS's are not like the used to be. Well, at least not this one. There are a couple that I know of, that are still going on, but I guess you just can't bring the past back.

I often wonder, how many of my friends that I met on here are still around?

Paul

#402368 - 05/12/15 11:02 PM Re: I miss the old days! On here [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Paul,
I'm one of those who have moved on. I left because of the in-fighting and what I saw as an attitude of suppression and belittling comments.
I just dropped in tonight to see if things had changed.
My overall opinion is that they haven't, which is a real shame.

I hope you are well.

#402371 - 05/13/15 01:50 AM Re: I miss the old days! On here [Re: shboom]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: shboom
Paul,
I'm one of those who have moved on. I left because of the in-fighting and what I saw as an attitude of suppression and belittling comments.
I just dropped in tonight to see if things had changed.
My overall opinion is that they haven't, which is a real shame.

I hope you are well.

What recent threads are you referring to? I will check them out.

#402381 - 05/13/15 07:15 AM Re: I miss the old days! On here [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I am shboom. Thank you! The forums that get the most Traffic are: The Arranger Keyboard Forum, General & Computer Forum, and lastly the Synths forum.

The Vintage Synth Explorer forums, can get pretty bad. So I don't go on there as often. I still post here, on occasion. I used to get excited to come in here, and read comments left to some of my threads. Although, I had some pretty crappy threads, and I could be nasty, without realizing it. Had someone, call me out on it. Then, I started to back off. Before I knew it, I was on Facebook. Which exploded.

I have gotten older, and better now then I was when I first joined. Although, I miss the people I mad friends with on here. One is on Facebook, though, we don't talk as much as we used to.

The other thing that has changed, is I have an i-Mac now, as opposed to a PC. When I first joined the Synth Zone BBS.

Nigel, is one of the few people on here who still replies to my threads. I just, wish I could contribute more to other peoples threads, but I am not experienced enough to do that sometimes, but I'll give it a try.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online