SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#398984 - 01/30/15 10:47 AM Re: Arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The problem is; people want all the features but not the learning curve that (inevitably) comes with it. Can't have it both ways. Simple usually means less things to learn....like advanced features. JMO.

chas

#398985 - 01/30/15 10:48 AM Re: Arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Arrangers are designed (And always have been) for the home hobby player (Most were previously Home Hobby Organists who wanted a more compact and easier instrument to play at a favourable price) and so modules are a very niche (And probably non profitable) market. (Sound modules on the other hand are more popular)

Bill

Hi Donny

You are playing a software arranger, it’s just a bespoke system to Yamaha that you cannot add anything to, or upgrade without buying a new instrument. (The same as most other arrangers on the market)

Bill

#398986 - 01/30/15 11:16 AM Re: Arranger modules [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Arrangers are designed (And always have been) for the home hobby player (Most were previously Home Hobby Organists who wanted a more compact and easier instrument to play at a favourable price) and so modules are a very niche (And probably non profitable) market. (Sound modules on the other hand are more popular)

Bill

Hi Donny

You are playing a software arranger, it’s just a bespoke system to Yamaha that you cannot add anything to, or upgrade without buying a new instrument. (The same as most other arrangers on the market)

Bill

Its all software Bill... Except for the D/A conversion....

But there is a difference between an open and a close system... yamaha and Korg obviously choose for closed systems, Varranger choose for open systems

And then there is Wersi, they have a partly closed base system... With a much more open expandable VST part... If you ask me, Wersi has still the best of both worlds, espescially the upcomming Sonic with OaX system....

Tough i would love to see a much more open system from Wersi, where you could add your favourite DAW as the sequencer part, and where you could reprogram some of the buttons or drawbars, and add some limitless knobs or even the motion leap that allows you to controll several CCs in real time with a single hand... No, Wersi also is to closed.. Even the new Sonic,......

Currently, i have more then Wersi can offer me in my setup.... T5, V-synth, integra 7, ableton, push, 27" touchscreen, Komplete, omnisphere, alchemy, pianoteq, blue2, etc, etc, etc... Just recently got me some lass, which again made me realise that everything we see in hardware arrangers/synths/pianos and workstations is allready beatin in software... Tough keep in mind that a good collection of software instruments are way more expensive then any hardware arranger out there.

Yet, i still doubt if software is ready for me... having everything in hardware and working out of the box is certainly very usefull...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#398989 - 01/30/15 11:42 AM Re: Arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am far from a techie and had no problem running vArranger. I asked how to set up my midi in and out, plus how to assign the control keys for navigation and control, and that was answered by Dan in five minutes.

Believe me, I don't understand cc commands and the rest, but this is as simple as it gets.

#398991 - 01/30/15 12:57 PM Re: Arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
After I Got vA2 downloaded and installed (5 minutes).
I plugged my USB MIDI CME UF76 keyboard in.
Did a simple config of vA2 to select mt keyboard...anmd it was working!
Since then I plugged in a USB Ketron SD-1000 sound module and went to the simple config screen to select it as a sound source (5 minutes).

In 10 minutes I selected which buttons I wanted on my MIDI keyboard to operate Into 1,2,3....ABCD sections, and Ending 1,2,3....Start/Stop, and vFiff which turns on the Chord sequencer to play the styles with you chord sequence.
To make a button work as a specific function all you do is select from a list the function (Intro 1 for example) and touch the button on your MIDI keyboard/controller and it's done!

I then played a few songs on the arranger.

However......I have more stuff I want to do and learn.

I will also mention a Touch screen is fully supported and if I had one (maybe soon) everything works from that as well as any buttons you want to setup.

Nothing PC techy yet....
Also, If you want help Dan will sign on to your system and do it for you! (With your permission/password)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online