SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#398296 - 01/16/15 12:57 PM Re: Ebay and PayPal [Re: Jerryghr]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
To many ways to get scammed on EBay if your not careful.

I have sold all my equipment on Craigslist, and deal locally, and no problems. I've had people that have driven 90 miles to pick up a keyboards.

No shipping hassles, and "Cash on the barrel head".

Regards,

Jerryghr

Plus one for Craigslist!! LIke Jerry I have sold for CASH ONLY thru Craigslist. I've met the buyers in a pizza parlor, Dunkin Donuts, Panera Bread, at the entrance to Home Depot, the parts department of Balise Auto a large regional dealership, a bank building lobby where I used to work, my latest sale was in the customer service area of a Super Stop & Shop supermarket. I only sold a T2 thru E-bay and had sweaty palms during the entire 5 day start to finish transaction.

#398297 - 01/16/15 01:01 PM Re: Ebay and PayPal [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Problem with Cragislist is your limitied by distance as to how many buyers you can attract. Something with a small buyer group like my Bass Pedals is tough. Had good luck with Craigslist but sometimes you have to go National.

#398305 - 01/16/15 06:17 PM Re: Ebay and PayPal [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I don't think he's a scammer. I think it is buyers remorse. He said he should have been more careful because he now realizes it's not what he wanted. He's Asian and his English doesn't appear to be very good. I would have let him out of the buy but then he paid.

Tom

#398313 - 01/16/15 10:16 PM Re: Ebay and PayPal [Re: DonM]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: DonM
I've had numerous transactions on Ebay and using Paypal with no problems. You do have to be careful, but you usually easily identify a scam attempt.

Same here!

Jørgen

#398318 - 01/17/15 12:06 AM Re: Ebay and PayPal [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Bachus Offline

As an IT guy, i have become very distrustfull (with knowledge) against people on the internet..

Thats why i only stell stuff to people that can come and pick it up and pay me cash... The Netherlands is a small country with a lot of people, and this strategy works perfect for me

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online