SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#396556 - 11/29/14 08:07 AM BK7m drums
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Although I don't use the styles, I really like the BK7m drums and use them almost exclusively for practice and rehearsal. I even midi them to my electronic drum kit and use it in lieu of the standard module (DM10 Pro). There are a couple of other voices that I like as well, especially the Brass Sforz. which I use a lot.

I still prefer the Jazz guitar on the Tyros 2 for my feeble attempt at guitar solos but only my KeyB Mark 111 will do for organ.

Most folks here know how I love the blues and even if a song didn't start out that way, I'll usually make it one smile. DonM said one song I did made him "want a drink of whiskey" smile. I took that as a compliment (even if he didn't mean it as one). I know Gary hates "Soul music", so I'd advise him to pass over this one smile.

This is one of my usual 20 min. one-pass specials. I'm too lazy to go back and correct mistakes (it's the feeling that counts smile ) or try to do a proper mix, so the organ bass is a little weak, the horn line has a mistake and the volume is erratic, and the organ is too loud. Plus, I didn't look up the chords so they're probably not correct, but what the heck, this is about those great BK7m drums (6/8 Pop) untweaked. Warning, sounds terrible through PC speakers, use headphones or monitors, if possible.

BTW, I always liked this tune; should've taken the time to learn it smile.

https://app.box.com/s/whvix11w52i0g1own5q7

chas

PS: In case you don't recognize it, it' Georgia on my mind.

#396560 - 11/29/14 09:28 AM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I never pass up a challenge. Believe it or not, I actually love the way you put this together. Really sounds great, kinda bare-bones, nite-club bluesy composition - not really the soul stuff I'm used to hearing.

Great job,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396563 - 11/29/14 10:03 AM Re: BK7m drums [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Blues is one of my favorite kinds of music.I was definitely born in a wrong era.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#396568 - 11/29/14 11:18 AM Re: BK7m drums [Re: mirza]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... if you had a full CD of tunes like this, I would listen by a nice fireplace, sipping a good bourbon ...
Very tastefully done ...
thank you

#396569 - 11/29/14 11:25 AM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

First of all Chas why all the excuses? & your not the only one that starts off a song offering post like that.....nobody's perfect..so no need to candy coat anything ...I just want to listen and enjoy what ever people create musically.

That said I took a good listen and really enjoyed your version of Georgia On My Mind....The BK7 drums always sounded great to me they hae a nice controlled live sound that I enjoy. Your playing & most of all the feeling injected in this piece really shines thru for sure especially the fantastic Hammond Organ parts of which I always loved since I was a kid growing up & owning B3's and playing in many bands in the 60's & 70's.. WTG Chas and Happy Holiday to you & Yours!!! clap

#396571 - 11/29/14 11:35 AM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Very nice, enjoyed it!! Although I can't drink booze the bold cup of Starbucks Cafe Verona I'm drinking tasted better listening to that tune.

#396578 - 11/29/14 01:39 PM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Thanks guys. It really was a 'quick and dirty' to show how great those BK7m drums mesh with other instruments outside the module (they obviously sound good when perfectly mixed for a professionally prepared style). And yes, Donny, I too love that 'Hammond' sound, especially with jazz/blues guitar playing over it. I think it rivals Strings when it comes to providing 'pads' for a ballad or other slow tune. I know it's a 'dated' sound but it never gets old for me. BTW, I wish I had your voice. I bet I could sing the heck out of it smile.

chas

#396579 - 11/29/14 02:32 PM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
BTW, I wish I had your voice. I bet I could sing the heck out of it smile.
chas

Give it a shot anyway ... singer

#396580 - 11/29/14 02:41 PM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Tony, trust me, you DON'T want to hear that. I can't hold a note for more than two seconds without my voice cracking. Mostly old age but also from a lifetime of not singing (I think the voice is really one of those 'use it or lose it' things).

chas

#396581 - 11/29/14 03:14 PM Re: BK7m drums [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Chas, it's GREAT. And the other comments WAS a compliment as well. I also love the BK7m drums. You would love the BK9 because it has the same drums, plus killer drawbar organ.
This one makes me want to slow dance with a voluptuous woman!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online