DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The question is Which Country?

#395812 - 11/12/14 07:32 PM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
The question is Which Country?

Uh, the one that elected him......twice. You know, the one ABOVE the Mason/Dixon line.

chas

#395825 - 11/13/14 07:14 AM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Now boys...(thought I should rethink that one) LOL)!

Russ (closet liberal) Lay

#395827 - 11/13/14 08:33 AM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Sorry Russ, it's just that I get SO sick and tired of the constant Obama bashing. Here's another great example of Southern solutions. Gosh, how far we've come.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/forme...-its-just-math/

chas

#395830 - 11/13/14 09:43 AM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: cgiles]

Chas I was making a "funny". This stuff is pretty scary, though!

Be well. Don is one of the brightest dudes here and likes a little good natured excitement every once in a while.

I really wish we could all visit in person.

R.

#395832 - 11/13/14 10:14 AM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Chas, if you are suggesting their is racial bias in me, you are dead wrong. You immediately rush to put everything on that level.
I am for secure borders, balanced budget, belief in and adherence to our constitution, and many other items which this president has blatantly ignored. Obama has used more "executive orders" than all other presidents in history combined. His buddy Harry Reid has several hundred bills stalled on his desk because they do not suit THEIR agenda.
I am for Ben Carson. He is way more black than Obama will ever be.
Wait to see how the people vote next time. The recent elections are the tip of the iceberg.
Oh, and be assured that big O will give millions of illegal immigrants immediate citizenship. Could it be there is a reason for creating all those grateful voters? You can believe that is the plan!
I'm done with this subject. This is an arranger keyboard forum and not the place for this discussion. I apologize to the OP but I am passionate and angry over the whole situation.

#395834 - 11/13/14 10:40 AM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: Dnj]

I'm the one who is at fault here. I intentionally responded to a comment about politics in a totally joking way.

Two of my friends here, who would be crazy about each other in person had their "hot buttons hit".

The "good news":both responses reflect a proper level of concern and an articulated opinion; both of which I understand.

This one's on me completely.

Sorry to both Don and Chas.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (11/13/14 10:41 AM)

#395835 - 11/13/14 11:28 AM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

For once Donny is right....this does belong in The Bar, or even better, nowhere at all.

Chas, if you are suggesting their is racial bias in me, you are dead wrong.

Then you are indeed a unique individual. I wish I could say that.

You immediately rush to put everything on that level.

Not true. Frankly I don't care if it's racial or political; as a 10 yr. veteran who loves his country, I respect the office of the president AND as a proud Black man I view this president as a symbol of the long hard struggle from the 'back of the bus' to the front of Air Force One.

Regarding your 'talking points' above, I've heard it all before (we only get right wing radio down here in beautiful Georgia), in fact, I hear it every single day. It's taught in kindergarten. Not sure where you got your facts but, as an example:
Obama has used more "executive orders" than all other presidents in history combined.

The REAL facts:

Obama --------193 executive orders
George Bush - 291
FDR --------- 3522

For the complete list, http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

So maybe before you get TOO passionate and TOO angry at the 'Kenyan', I would caution you about using Fox News as a sole source for your 'facts'. Oh, and as for Ben Carson, you are more than welcome to him. It's like trotting out the only slave that fought on the side of the South. Of course, if he ever did win anything, I can guarantee you he would suffer the same fate as all the rest of his predecessors who suddenly became 'too powerful'. Trust me Don, we still have a long way to go in this country. All the ugliness of the past is still just a micron beneath the surface, and all it takes is the tiniest of scratches to bring it to the surface.

As far as getting together with you and Russ, I'd love to, but let's make it in NYC. I've met Russ and we've also communicated a lot via phone and email. He really is a first class individual who is willing to speak up for the underdog, help the needy, put his money where his mouth is, and if it costs him a few friends along the way, so be it. The fact that he also happens to be a very talented musician is merely a bonus.

Soooooo...let's put this thing to bed and get back to making 'sweet, soul music'.

chas

#395838 - 11/13/14 01:01 PM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don, you apologized to the OP, who was Russ, who apologized for perhaps getting the subject off track ...

So, back to our regular programming ...

Russ ...don't think about other people's opinions ... do what [b]your[/b] gut tells you to do ... just be happy with it ... no matter how long we are in this world it probably isn't long enough, but we will only find out if there is something better on "the other side" when we get there ... so enjoy "this side" as much as you can ...

#395839 - 11/13/14 02:07 PM Re: Recording or performing...? [Re: captain Russ]

Tony, I think the reality that I can't do everything I want to is what's really bothering me.

I'm still working about 100 hours a week and want to do more. Teaching, writing, film making, package design, assorted graphics, performing, recording...I love it all equally. I like to write copy, for instance, as much as I like to play guitar.

Today, I'm on deadline for a brochure for an Australian manufacturer which will be critical in securing a 14 million dollar order from COSCO. I LIKE the pressure, but, for the first time in my life, I'M TIRED.

Love the motorcycles, but a bad knee that recently started acting up may end that.

For the first time, I just hired someone to clean out my KOI pond...just didn't have the energy.

Everything is out of synch. I've NEVER had this much enjoyable work all at once, and everyone wants the work at the same time.

I also have to commit to larger projects taking upward of 5 years to complete. If I make it, I'll be 75 before they are completed. An example would be all packaging, point of sale display, on-product graphics, installation instructions, training materials, ad slicks, TV ads, etc. for a manufacturer of a line of coating supplies from Italy.

I REALLY enjoy the work. And, it all pays serious bucks (not the issue anymore).

Need to cut back, and that's harder than I thought it would be.

Should be glad I'm lucky enough to have the work. Just can't handle it all.

And that's really HARD to admit!

R.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online