SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39531 - 09/28/05 01:00 PM How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi!
I'm new to this forum.. I'm sitting here with my synth and my computer, a bit frustrated because I can't figure out how to transform MIDI information from the synth to the computer!
I've read the KN800 manual, and I got the idea that maybe I will have to save the track on the sequencer bank(?), and then take the next step from there, but I'm not sure about this, either.
I'm using a MIDI interface which doesn't receive any signals...

Any tips or ideas for me?

Best regards,
Anette

#39532 - 09/29/05 01:13 AM Re: How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Does this help...
STEP 1. Setting the sequencer tracks.
In this step you have to ASSIGN the tracks.
enter on and choose
enter on and after that choose
Set track 9 and 10 (TR9, TR10) to part in column 'TRACK ASSIGN'
Leave this menu by entering
STEP 2. The conversion from APC to SMF.
In fact the conversion starts in this step. The 8 accomp-tracks will be 'copied' to the free tracks.
Enter and choose
Choose and
You will see here an overview of all tracks. The tracks where in the data-column is a v-sign, has been played and the setting remains on
Set as follows (from beneath to above): TR9 on ; TR10 on ; TR11 on ; TR12 on ; TR13 on ; TR15 on and TR16 on
Enter now and
The whole song will be played from start till end for conversion and the display shows: 'NOW CONVERTING'
It is done when message is shown
Leave this menu by entering twice
STEP 3. Setting the DRUM-track for GM-Mide (TRACK MERGE)
In General Midi Standard the Drum-track is TR10. So the tracks 9 and 10 have to been merged in one track TR10.
Enter and choose
Enter and after that
Set on TR9 + TR10; set on TR10
Enter and
Push the -button once and enter
Highlight TR9 with and enter and afterthat
Leave this menu by entering
STEP 4. Saving the song as GM-midifile
At last you have to save the midi-song on disk/SD.
Enter -button and
Choose
Set on and <1 MEASURE SPACE> on
On choose
Enter and give the song a name
Enter and choose a free songplace.

#39533 - 09/29/05 07:50 AM Re: How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Roger,
the lady needs info for her KN800 which is entirely different from the info you provided for the KN7000.
I still have the KN800 but would have to get it from a storage warehouse to help her. I advised her to come and post here in the hope that Technics Player would help her as he recalls the workings of the KN800 much better then I do
Anette, welcome to the Technics Forum. Just be patient and you will get all the help you need here
Bebop

#39534 - 09/29/05 09:09 AM Re: How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Oops sorry Bill and Anette - thought they might be similar...
Rog
p.s. Bill is there no floppy disk drive in a KN800?

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 09-29-2005).]

#39535 - 09/29/05 11:58 AM Re: How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
BEBOP Offline

HI Roger,
I understand that.
The floppy for the KN800 was a option and I think it was about a 500.00 add on. Would you believe that the list price for the KN800 at the piano store where I bought it was $5083.00 with tax? I wouldn't buy it at that price as I had a Lowry Micro Genie with 11 softwares that could be loaded into it and was the first arranger keyboard I bought. I went out to the County Fair and this dealer had set up shop there to sell the KN800 and other stuff. I demo'd the KN800 for two days for them out of the kindness of my heart and EGO, and so they gave me a huge wopping 20 Percent discount, and threw in the floppy drive. I traded in the PR90 Technics first digatal piano on it.
Today it is worth about 200.00 but other then the lack of midi it still works good.
BEBOP

#39536 - 09/30/05 03:03 AM Re: How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI Roger,
I understand that.
The floppy for the KN800 was a option and I think it was about a 500.00 add on. Would you believe that the list price for the KN800 at the piano store where I bought it was $5083.00 with tax? I wouldn't buy it at that price as I had a Lowry Micro Genie with 11 softwares that could be loaded into it and was the first arranger keyboard I bought. I went out to the County Fair and this dealer had set up shop there to sell the KN800 and other stuff. I demo'd the KN800 for two days for them out of the kindness of my heart and EGO, and so they gave me a huge wopping 20 Percent discount, and threw in the floppy drive. I traded in the PR90 Technics first digatal piano on it.
Today it is worth about 200.00 but other then the lack of midi it still works good.
BEBOP

Hi!
I'm so glad I found this forum
I can see that I have SPACE for a memory card - and a floppy disc. But my pc doesn't have a floppy disc station. (It's a laptop with another solution on it.
My intention was to be able to play and edit notes by playing, in the seq. program. I thought it would be easier, but I don't have too much experience yet
I was just like "ok let's plug in the MIDI cables and push the MIDI button!"
But of course, I've checked out other things as well.

Anette

#39537 - 09/30/05 08:37 AM Re: How to transform MIDI from KN800 to my computer
BEBOP Offline

HI ANETE
I have a new Toshiba Laptop that cost over 3000.00 US and it doesn't have a floppy drive, but instead has everything else.
Being from the old school I have to have a floppy drive. The solution was the purchase of a 29.00 USB floppy drive at Best Buy. Plug it into a USB port and it installs without problem. Now you can save files on a floppy in the KN800, if it has the floppy drive and put the floppy into your laptop and load the files into your computer sequencer progam.
You could never find a memory card today and doubtful you could find a floppy disc drive for this keyboard.
Something just came to mind:
When I first got the the 800 I could not get it to midi into the computer. I worked with their engineer in Boston and they burnt and installed either 2 or 3 new ROMS before the keyboard would midi to the computer. Now if you have an early model and it wasn't updated you could never get it to midi to the computer. Just a thought I had.
Best regards,
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online