SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59885 - 09/29/05 11:59 AM KN Styles and Panel memory KN7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Folks.
I have saved instruments to panel memory.
I wish to load some of the styles I downloaded free from Technics.com.or any
others I have
I just want to load the styles and keep the panel memory as is.
On the KN2000 I just loaded the composer and it did as I wanted.
I have tried to do the same on the KN7000, but without success.
I would like help on this please, I know it must be possible,
I will take this opportunity to say a sincere thank you to the forum friends
who have given me staunch support and strength since I lost my wife 6 weeks ago.
This will answer a few questions, when people say; let’s get back to the topics
this site is for! Friendship as well as music I think, it was a great help to me!
Kind regards.
Joe.

#59886 - 09/29/05 12:40 PM Re: KN Styles and Panel memory KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Phil
I'm not sure what you've downloaded from that site but assuming they were style files and not custom files then when loading them into your KN7000 you should instruct the load to select only the .cmp file as far as I'm aware - is this what you've done and it wipes out the panel memories?
Rog

#59887 - 09/30/05 02:48 AM Re: KN Styles and Panel memory KN7000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there Joe. When you are loading a "style" into the KN7, IF you load one that includes the "CURRENT PANEL" then it will overwrite YOUR settings which you have saved in Panel A. This also applies to B and C if the said style includes these.

To ENSURE THAT YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR SETTINGS.
On loading your style - you need to look at the right hand side of the PAGE 1 LOAD screen. IS the CURRENT PANEL listed - if so go to page 2 and toggle off that option then carry on with the LOAD.

You will find it less likely to overwrite your changes if you put your panel memory changes into Panels 1-10 and then loading the styles as you mentioned they would only alter A,B or C.

You must always be careful when loading and saving changes to panels - look at the options page two of the LOAD and SAVE pages and ask yourself the following questions.

Do I need to load all of them?
Do I need to save all of them?

If you prefer to put your sound changes into panel A, B C then in a SEPARATE file SAVE the CURRENT PANEL as a file and then you can load this into the KN7 after the style to replace the preset ones.

I am not going to go into the ins and outs of what overwrites panels 1-10 at this stage.

You could consider the FAVOURITES feature - this will allow you to store sounds and other settings and call them in at any time and they are much less likely to be overwritten.

Joan

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online