SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#394661 - 10/12/14 02:39 PM Gonna be a long winter...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
On Friday, I drove up to the boat, mainly in hopes the temperature would rise 10 degrees to a figure closer to my age, and that the wind would increase a bit - neither happened. While I was there a relatively attractive young lady leaned over her balcony and asked if I were going to sail to the Florida Keys or Bahamas this winter. I told her "No, I'm going to drive down to Marathon and spend the winter performing in the Tiki Bars and Marinas." She chucked and said "I'll be right behind you - I hate winter up here."

I told her that if my health allows, I'll sail down next fall and asked if she wanted to go with me. She smiled, looked at her husband, then looked down at me and said, I'll be on the boat when you get here to sail south. She's a very nice, young lady who is from Germany, and absolutely loves Jimmy Buffett songs. Of course, she was just kidding about sailing down south with me, but you never know. Her husband, Dave, yelled down to me "Thank you lord - there really is a God!"

This inspired me to learn a couple more new songs, which I recorded. A little Jimmy Buffett and Zach Brown stuff that I'll have fun with in the Keys.

Smart Woman In A Real Short Sklrt

Toes In The Water

Just another fun day in Paradise,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394665 - 10/12/14 03:48 PM Re: Gonna be a long winter... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Almost forgot, with any kind of luck, I will be spending the winter in the Keys, probably Marathon for at least a month of so, before heading over to the west coast and visiting some friends and forum members, then back to the frozen north. If anyone wants to help me put together another Synthzone Jam, preferably while I'm in Marathon, I'll be happy to try and set up a location, which I'm confident will not be a problem. Lots of resorts, marinas, restaurants, etc..., that I'm fairly confident would want to host the event. Hey, they get more touristas, and free music to boot from some of the best entertainers in the nation.

I think it would be a great getaway vacation for many of you northerners, but not DNJ - he loves snow and cold, slipping around on the ice, frostbite while loading and unloading gear, and all that other cold associated stuff. wink Stay home, Donny! wink I'll bet Nancy would love to be there, though. smile

The weather in Marathon during January and February is quite mild, 70s to 80s, some days may be warmer, some will be cooler. It rarely rains that time of year, the town is jumping because it's tourist season and all the snow birds will be there. It would be really neat to have a Synthzone Jam in a big Tiki Hut with a couple hundred people in the audience, all attired in shorts, sandals, tropical shirts, a jam that would go into the evening hours (No outdoor music permitted after 10 p.m. there.). Marathon is a place for OUR kind of audiences to have fun, and believe me these folks love to party. Key West is a kids hangout, but Marathon is where snow birds and cruising sailors ranging in age from 45 to 75 love to play.

Think about it,

THIS

OR THIS

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394676 - 10/13/14 05:11 AM Re: Gonna be a long winter... [Re: travlin'easy]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Rub it in, rub it in! We would love to go with you, but it's not to be! Have fun in your sun Gary!

#394677 - 10/13/14 05:47 AM Re: Gonna be a long winter... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Like I said before,Gary, count me and the wife in.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online