SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#394542 - 10/10/14 08:45 AM The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano
Bachus Offline

For many years Motif was Yamahas most advanced Instrument, but when Yamaha throw in the XF, the T4 took over the flag... And then came the CVP 609, which was actually close to the T4 and many things like the touchscreen and the piano sounds passed T4

Now we are in a country where Tyros 5 reigns Yamaha country like a king...
But next year the CVP 709 will be around... And it will be tempting for homeplayers for sure, and they are not only tempting home players, but also composers and everyone writing music...

The CVP 707 will be like a combination of T5 and CVP 609 .. Everything we know from these instruments will be in there, except for the sliders(there are sliders on the touchscreen)

On top of that the topmodel CVP 709 will have
- 8 assignable knobs
- 2 gigs of expansion memmory, with memory management onboard
- big SSD drive
- 16 track DAW build in, recording and playing both audio and midi tracks, compatible fileformat with cubase
- scene launch mode
- 10" touchscreen
- over 2500 high quallity sounds build in
- over 800 styles
- next generation build in arpeggiator
- new style types, dynamic style
- 8 keyboard sounds, 2 left, 2 main, 2 layer and 2 solo
- 8 OTS settings
- fully playable orchestra sounds
- Synthzone expansion ( feature from the new upcomming workstation )
- pedal unit expanded with 2 assignable volumepedals and 5 assignable switches
- 3 touchsliders
- 2nd bigger screen build into the musicreader stand..

Which surprises me since the cvp 609 is allready in a league of its Own
but then, CVP are hot in europe, and are bought by people that have a lot to spend
People around 40 with kids, mum plays and the kids play, and mum loves the stylefull look of the instruments ( its the same mum that hates the look of an arranger )

Does targetting those few people that compose and write music warrant such a huge upgrade?

Or are they trying to get the T5 players to these even more advanced instruments? While adding more deejay features to the S960 to pull in the youth

( from the same source that predicted the audio styles and the ensembles on T5)

Edited by Bachus (10/10/14 08:46 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394543 - 10/10/14 08:53 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Next T6 trickle down effect of some of these CVP 709 features?

Edited by Dnj (10/10/14 08:54 AM)

#394544 - 10/10/14 08:55 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Any idea of the polyphony of CVP-709 or CVP-707?

The CVP-609 has 128+128 notes poly which is obviously a total of 256...I'm not sure of how it's allocated.

Ian

#394547 - 10/10/14 09:08 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Any idea of the polyphony of CVP-709 or CVP-707?

The CVP-609 has 128+128 notes poly which is obviously a total of 256...I'm not sure of how it's allocated.

Ian

The CVP-609 has a sepperate piano engine thats 128 notes.... Only for the pianos..

Got no clue about these new pianos, i dint ask and he didnt say... My best guess would be 256, but thats just as good as any guess you make yourself...

#394551 - 10/10/14 09:57 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Everything a T5 could have, and should have been.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#394552 - 10/10/14 10:57 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: mirza]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: mirza

Another thing missing on the current CVP is pitch and modulation wheels, and, having tried a buddy's 609 using assignable piano pedals isn't nearly as good as having the wheels.

Also, there's no aftertouch, at least on the the present CVP models...I wonder if they'll have it on the new one...that may mean using the keybed from the MOTIF XF8 which is a Balanced Hammer Effect Keyboard (Initial Touch/Aftertouch).

Somehow, I can't see them implementing aftertouch on a CVP, and they'll probably use the current keybeds.

Of course, this is all pure speculation.

Ian

#394553 - 10/10/14 11:23 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: mirza

Another thing missing on the current CVP is pitch and modulation wheels, and, having tried a buddy's 609 using assignable piano pedals isn't nearly as good as having the wheels.

Also, there's no aftertouch, at least on the the present CVP models...I wonder if they'll have it on the new one...that may mean using the keybed from the MOTIF XF8 which is a Balanced Hammer Effect Keyboard (Initial Touch/Aftertouch).

Somehow, I can't see them implementing aftertouch on a CVP, and they'll probably use the current keybeds.

Of course, this is all pure speculation.

Ian

Espescially with SA2 voices and playing with both hands, aftertouch is incredibly usefull

Personally i am a big fan of using footswitches for articulations, because my lefthand is allready doing so much... Also the volumepedal can be used to controll a parameter...

But on this piano, as explained to me the 3 touchsliders are meant to replace the mod and pitchwheels..

#394658 - 10/12/14 01:47 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus

A new workstation is really upcoming? In some forums people are beginning to lose hope in a completely new Motif successor. Where did you get that information from? Interesting.

#394674 - 10/12/14 09:24 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Bachus

A new workstation is really upcoming? In some forums people are beginning to lose hope in a completely new Motif successor. Where did you get that information from? Interesting.

From a fammily owned music store thar happens to be among the biggest Yamaha resellers of europe... I dont think Yamaha will be happy with them if inspread their name alll over the internet..

Its where i bought my used Fa08, and used T5 ...... I know them quite well, and allways get good offers first.... Its where i buy most my gear.

According to him there was not much known about the new upcomming Workstation, not even if its still called Motif, its apparrently the first fully integrated hardware DAW.. with multiple synth engines and unlimmited expandabillity.

Its apparently more a tool for the studio...

In the future we might see

- CVP aimed for homeplayers and musicians
- Motif aimed for studio users
- the next Tyros replacement for live use

Where all 3 units could be used for each of these 3, but where they really shine in one of them... But thats just my personal interpretation of what he told, but the more i think about it, the more likely it is..

Edited by Bachus (10/12/14 09:54 PM)

#394691 - 10/13/14 09:08 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
A couple of other things missing from the CVP-609: the Direct Access button (which on the Tyros line allows quick access to the 'right' page for controlling lots of things) ... and, the CVP-609 has no MultiPads. I miss those when I sit at a friend's CVP, when I'm used to having them on the Tyros.

-Jim

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online