SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#394345 - 10/07/14 06:49 AM Phone Calls During a Performance......
Dnj Offline

I don't know how many times I get Phone Calls During a Performance on stage,.....I always lower my ringer volume before I start playing so the audience doesn't hear it I have "The GODFATHER Theme" on mine. cool2 But sometimes that very Important Business Call, New Gig Booking client, or an emergency, etc, will come in that you have been waiting for although the phone isn't ringing aloud you can see the screen light up with the name of the caller. I do however have a call message that says "Hello I am on stage performing please leave your message and I will return your call asap"....that's fine I can check my phone after the show or on a break, but the damage is done and many times that important call is hard to return and phone tag begins for days on end in some cases... mad Also for the rest of your set your mentally annoyed that you Missed that important call!!

Edited by Dnj (10/07/14 06:52 AM)

#394346 - 10/07/14 07:03 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
billyhank Offline

Well you could just add another dumb thing and answer it during your performance because if you look out at the audience, probable 80 out of 100 folks are already talking on their phone or texting. quangdizj@gmail.com

Stick the thing in your keyboard box and forget it until a break - who needs that distraction during a performance? quangdizj@gmail.com

#394347 - 10/07/14 07:11 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Stop everything, answer the phone (over the mic) and tell the audience it's from the President, then hang up on him.
smile

#394349 - 10/07/14 07:53 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

You might have a special needs child, or take care of an elderly parent at home who might be calling you for some reason also in an emergency too...

#394350 - 10/07/14 08:06 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have the phone where I can see it. If caller id shows someone I know and I think it might be important, sometimes I'll just hit answer and they can hear what I'm doing. Then after the song, I might take the call, or tell them I'll call right back.

#394351 - 10/07/14 08:08 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

There is an offswitch on your phone... I use that whenever doing important things, like buiseness meetings, or even having fammily time with my wife and kids

Ten years ago we didnt have mobile phones, how did you handle things back then..

Switching the phone off means privacy, and everyone is entitled to privacy.... Just nake sure you have a good message on your answering machine..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394352 - 10/07/14 08:16 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Sometimes if call is Important enough I will text with one hand and play and sing with the other.....it's called Multitasking LOLOLOLOL

#394353 - 10/07/14 08:46 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The only time I turn my phone on is when I want to use it. No call is important enough to me that I need to interrupt a performance - no call. If that woman has another heart attack while I'm gone, she knows exactly how dial 911, and so do the adult kids. Now, I do keep the phone turned on while on the boat, just for general communications, though. It sits in a pouch next to the helm seat and it's no different than having the home phone next to me in the office. However, if it's a client, I just tell them that I'll call when I get back from sailing. Gotta have your priorities straight.

Good luck on that multi-tasking stuff,

Gary 8)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394354 - 10/07/14 08:47 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
The only time I turn my phone on is when I want to use it. No call is important enough to me that I need to interrupt a performance - no call. If that woman has another heart attack while I'm gone, she knows exactly how dial 911, and so do the adult kids. Now, I do keep the phone turned on while on the boat, just for general communications, though. It sits in a pouch next to the helm seat and it's no different than having the home phone next to me in the office. However, if it's a client, I just tell them that I'll call when I get back from sailing. Gotta have your priorities straight.

Good luck on that multi-tasking stuff,

Gary 8)

Do you have a Flip phone or Smart Phone Gary..

#394355 - 10/07/14 08:51 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have a $32 Wallmart flip phone, which has served me very well for the past three years. My more expensive phone took the dirt nap on the way to Florida on the boat - It didn't like the marine environment. smile I can text with the new phone, but as a rule, I never text when I can just talk - much more effective means of communications, IMO.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online