SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#394526 - 10/09/14 05:45 PM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, just got home, the tide finally came in and I was able to get to the dock, get Carol off the boat, button things up and drove home. At the top of the ridge above the Susquehanna River, just a few miles from the boat, is a beautiful farm called Mount Ararat Farm. It was just after sundown when we got there and the entire soybean field was covered with hundreds of whitetail deer. I stopped the car on the side of the road, and we just sat there and watched them for about 10 minutes, then continued the drive home.

Unfortunately, the light level was too low for me to get any kind of photo of this, but I can assure you I've never seen this concentration of deer since I left Spokane, Washington many years ago when a blizzard drove the mule deer out of the high country and down to Cusic Flatts, where there was still some food available for them to prevent starvation. It was an incredible sight.

And, when technology figures out a way to raise the tides, then I'll embrace that technology. I hope I'm around to see that happen. wink Until then, I guess I'll continue to relax, sit on the boat, sip a Margaretta and wait for the moon to do it's job and raise the tide the way it has since time began. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394531 - 10/09/14 08:50 PM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Right now, as I type this diatribe, I'm sitting on my sailboat, stuck in the mud waiting for high tide so I can get back into my slip and moor the boat.

Gary, not to worry. Any time now, global warming will melt the polar ice caps thereby raising the ocean levels and you'll be unstuck in no time. However, most of coastal Maryland will also be under water so the dock you were going to moor the boat to will probably also be under water. Then you'll be sitting there thinking, "wow, maybe Al Gore was right".

smile

chas

#394532 - 10/10/14 12:59 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
No phones on stage. Period. Shut it off. My God ... we've taken a turn for the worst when we act like the teens that have it permanently attached to their body. I've been a leader on a few nice dates and the band members attempted to have their phones on ... "attempted" (key word here). I told them - "no phones on stage" - no phone - or no job.
It's really a question of work ethics - none of us needs to be accountable 100% of the time.

I totally agree Dave. There is never a good reason to be taking a phone call during a job on stage. I sure don't even have a phone on me while I am playing.

#394534 - 10/10/14 04:51 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

Right now, as I type this diatribe, I'm sitting on my sailboat, stuck in the mud waiting for high tide so I can get back into my slip and moor the boat.

Gary, not to worry. Any time now, global warming will melt the polar ice caps thereby raising the ocean levels and you'll be unstuck in no time. However, most of coastal Maryland will also be under water so the dock you were going to moor the boat to will probably also be under water. Then you'll be sitting there thinking, "wow, maybe Al Gore was right".

:)chas

#394536 - 10/10/14 05:16 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

This works great to hold the cell phone device on a mic stand pole .....you can easily record your performances audio or angle up to record video also, or use it as your Mp3 player connected to your Aux input on your KB, or lyric read too,...so many used with a cell phone on stage.....if it rings just don't answer use the vibrate mode.

Attachments
ppppppp.jpg

mmmmiiiccccccc.JPG

Edited by Dnj (10/10/14 05:19 AM)

#394539 - 10/10/14 07:55 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Chas, Al Gore is a politician, and we all know politicians don't lie. wink HOAX

This has likely been the coolest summer and fall I've experienced in my lifetime. Right now, I'm sitting in the office with a sweater on, space heater running, and it's just 52 degrees on the deck outside. As far as I'm concerned, any temperature lower than my age is winter. Ironically, we had some unusually high tides this past week, a combination of moon phases and southerly winds, something that frequently happens in this part of the world. It has been taking place since time began, but wouldn't you know it, the global warming zealots jumped on this like a tick on a dog, crying wolf as loud to the liberal news media.

During all this so called Global Warming the antarctic ice pack has been slowing increasing in size to the largest in recorded history. Ice Pack Does this mean I have to move to the Florida Keys in order to prevent my boat from being iced in during July and August in Maryland? wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#394606 - 10/11/14 08:55 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Originally Posted By: Dnj
This works great to hold the cell phone on stage.....if it rings just don't answer use the vibrate mode.

Better yet - use the DO NOT DISTURB or turn off the cellular connection entirely. It improves battery life, avoids interruption of playback and let's you focus on your PAYING job. An employer has the right to expect 100% of your resources while on the job. Same goes for clients and entrepreneurs. I LOVE my phone - I really do ... I use it a hundred ways, but I don't text in the car and I don't have it on while performing. Audience étiquette, and mixed company behavior, in general, is very sad. People answering phones in checkout lines, at dinner tables ... without SILENCE - music is just noise. Embrace the silence and focus on the job ... not the tool.

#394681 - 10/13/14 07:43 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Here ya go donny - you smartphone users will love this - https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8xz8xKEFvU

Gary cool

#394682 - 10/13/14 07:50 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Here ya go donny - you smartphone users will love this - https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8xz8xKEFvU

Gary cool

I don't have a flashlite app I actually use a real MINI Maglight keep it in my gig bag,.....just sayin,.... cool2

Edited by Dnj (10/13/14 07:53 AM)

#394683 - 10/13/14 07:53 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I do and it has been helpful on many occasions.e

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online