Dear all,
I just thought I'd put together a few observations re the EA5.A few months ago I decided to go back to playing organ as my KN7K was set up that way anyway(midi pedals exp pedal etc).Of course there are several features I sorely miss;the screen,sd card,digital audio and naturally some of the superb sounds.But I've learnt to adapt to my EA5,after all,I was hankering for an organ and I chose to remain loyal to good ol' Technics after so many years.I can report that it's an excellent instrument once you are aware of it's limitations(wer'e talking ten year old technology here)and for it's vintage,its suprisingly modern sounding.The sampled organs are terrific;Hammond,Lowrey,Pipe organ and Conn (I think )are all in this big box.The pianos,electric+acoustic,guitars,brass and strings are all eminently playable,ok,some of the solo sounds-saxes,trumpets,flutes benefit from a bit of tweaking(easily done here as the technology is relatively simple)and programming for example delay into the sounds takes them up a notch or two.
The on board sequencer is a bit quirky after the delightfully straightforward approach taken by the KNs,but it is 16 tracks,real and step time(even the mighty Roland AT80S only boasts 7 real time only)I realise I've settled on this machine rather belatedly,but do I love those organ sounds.
Cheers to all,David