SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45449 - 04/21/05 11:41 AM SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi All,
I belong to a keyboard club and workshop that meets once a month. Several of the members do not own computers. Several members want to transfer info from 2 or 3 SD Cards to a new bigger one. Is there a fast way of doing this without a computer?
Are they stuck with loading a file from one of the folders, putting in the new card and saving? I know this will be very time consuming. My thoughts would be to save from the SD Card to a floppy, then save the file to the new SD Card. Any other thoughts?
Best Regards,
Dave

#45450 - 04/21/05 03:26 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dave,

Your name rings a bell in my head. Were you a member of the OBI?

If anyone in your group owns a laptop computer and has KN7000Explorer tool you could spend a little time at your meetings and accomplish what each member wants to do a lot faster. Without a computer it is a drag.

Fran in Florida

#45451 - 04/22/05 01:46 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi,

Yes, Fran is absolutely right. You can read about the tool at my site http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

By the way I hosted my personal website on a professional host server with my own domain. Now my website also has a guest book
http://www.vision-4-life.net

The info about the tool is also on my site:
http://www.vision-4-life.net/SDExplorer.htm

Kind Regards, Fred

#45452 - 04/22/05 11:24 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk4u:
Hi,

Yes, Fran is absolutely right. You can read about the tool at my site

Hi Fred
How does your explorer tool deal with Audio conversion I.E. as in SD Jukebox

#45453 - 04/23/05 12:04 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi John,

Sorry, but our tool does all as specified: for technics songs and styles. Maybe in the near future we will support MIDI management. The Audio support like SD Jukebox is impossible because of secure crypting.

Regards, Fred

#45454 - 04/23/05 07:15 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Thanks for your replies. Fran, since I don't know what OBI stands for - don't think I'm a member - enjoy your comments and knowledge over the years on the Forum. Fred: Have been reading about your SD-Explorer and am thinking about buying it. John: Thanks to you for knowledge and past recordings that I am still enjoying. Sooo gang, it looks to me without a laptop or PC it's back to the horse and buggy day's. Dan Hansen sent me to Bill Norries site on Tips, but again a computer is needed. Thanks Dan. Other suggestions????
Best Regards,
Dave

#45455 - 04/25/05 11:35 AM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk4u:
Hi John,

Sorry, but our tool does all as specified: for technics songs and styles. Maybe in the near future we will support MIDI management. The Audio support like SD Jukebox is impossible because of secure crypting.
Regards, Fred

Hi Fred
Why if sd explorer cannot back up audio, the audio folder is backed up in sd explorer consequently wasting a lot of space in the backup file, since when you restore it the audio does not work anyway. The Technics song manager correctly ignores the audio folder when backing up so the backup file is much smaller and does not waste hard drive space for no reason like sd explorer.

#45456 - 04/27/05 12:48 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Jonnie,

I Think the guys are saying their prog,
is nothing to do with audio and why should
it be ,its a tool for managing sd cards and
Technics files.
Hope this helps

Barry

#45457 - 05/18/05 09:16 AM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bazz Woods:
Jonnie,

I Think the guys are saying their prog,
is nothing to do with audio and why should
it be ,its a tool for managing sd cards and
Technics files.
Hope this helps

Barry

Baz
Yes it is just a Technics and SD card tool and SD cards contain audio and when you back up with the Technics Song Manager it ignores the audio because the file is small but if you back up with Fred's SD Explorer it backs up the audio in a big file as a waste of space in the backup file, because when you restore it the audio does not work, that is why the Technics Song Manager ignores the audio. If you have a lot of audio songs the SD Explorer backup is MUCH bigger than the Technics Song Manager backup and it's all a waste of space on your hard drive.

#45458 - 05/18/05 12:20 PM Re: SD Card tranfer without a Computer
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Jonnie,
Sorry,I didnt realise it backed up the audio in this way.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online